Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covering for shooting deck - opions wanted

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gsdelong View Post
    Thank you all for the input, I am leaning towards the marine carpet, I am going to get a sample to see if hot brass on it is an issue. I think a 5 x 8 piece may be big enough to lay flat on irs own.
    The wind always picks up about the time I'm stepping on the edge of the loose carpet with my hands full. Good thing I practiced falling and getting thrown when young or I'd have something broken..... so far. I found some wood to knock on.

Boolit Master

Re-space the decking so a 22rf will pass through the crack. 10 years later if many 22's are shot mine the brass from under.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Re-space the decking so a 22rf will pass through the crack. 10 years later if many 22's are shot mine the brass from under.
    Unfortunately after adding the shooting, bench sitting bench and several other “additions” taking up and respacing the deck is not an option. Besides I shoot a lot of calibers, if a 22lr would drop through my guess is that the 22tcm is just going to be my next issue.

I also like the spacing for winter so the snow does not sit, melt and the refreeze over and over.

I am really thinking something that can but put down and rolled up when not need, over the winter, is my best bet. That just raised the melting issue.

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12