Lee auto disk chart??

Does anyone have a chart telling what the different size holes throw with
    different type powders? Going to try using the Lee disk measure for small
    pistol charges. I have the chart that lists the volume cc per hole, but no
    powder info... Thanks for any replies.
    Denny

Banned

Boolit Master

Thanks GRMPS that's what I was looking for.
    Denny

Leadhead, I have seen that chart and found it to be lacking and inaccurate. I have found it more reliable to take the measure and with each powder I buy I will actually throw and record charges from each of the cavities I expect to use. I start with the smallest and work up to what will most likely be the largest charge of that powder I will use.

Boolit Master
    Yes the chart just gives you a starting point , what each cavity will throw depends on several things . I find that it works better ( meaning consistent ) with powders like red dot and unique than my Lyman 55 or RCBS measure when the Pro auto disk is on the LCT the rotation of the measure settles the powder . If you are going to use it on a progressive or single stage it will throw better with finer powders like 231 or be-86 or power pistol.
    Before I weigh my charges when setting it if on a turret cycle it a couple of full rotations to get it settled in and throw a few to see where it is if you keep a log of the powder and chamber size it will make future setups really quick if you are using the same style press and powder.
    The only maintenance I do on it other than cleaning is when I empty it I lube the moving metal parts with a lube that dries like Hornady one shot gun lube. I don't care for the adjustable charge bar for it that Lee sells to me it defeats the purpose of a measure with a fixed chamber size , so if I want adjustable press mounted I use the auto drum if off press the Lyman 55.
    For really small charges I use the Titan micro disk.
    It's a great little measure once you have logged your favorite loads and if you are willing to compromise the charge to the limitations of fixed size cavity's just like you would with a little dandy.

Remember, Lee does make an adjustable disk for that measure and it works fine.

Boolit Master

I have adjustable charge bars that I got years ago...there not lee and are made
    from steel. I have two large and one small bar (single and double) thickness.
    They work really well, except for the small one. It's not that accurate when trying
    to drop small pistol charges. I had the lee disks years ago but couldn't find them
    and had to order the double disk set. Bee playing with it a little bit and yes, the
    numbered holes don't really drop like they say. I'll do like you say and measure
    and write the numbers down. Thanks for the info.
    Denny

Banned
    The chart gives you a place to start adjustable charge bars on the lee auto disk are a bit off on the smaller charges.

Boolit Master

Tazman......Did you mean adjustable disk or charge bar?
    Denny

The problem I have with the Lee Auto Disks is trying to get to a very small charge. The smallest I have been able to get to is 2.8gr of AA#2 which I use for my 380auto.

The Good, I can find a charge like the one above and know all I need to do is set the #.30cc cavity in the measure and it's going to drop 2.8gr and do it very consistently or put in the #.40cc with HP-38 and drop 4.1gr for my 9mm load with a 124gr bullet or the #.43 with the HP-38 and drop 4.4gr for my 9mm 115gr load.

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    Tazman......Did you mean adjustable disk or charge bar?
    Denny
    They call it a charge bar. I called it a disk since I wasn't looking at the page on the Lee site. https://leeprecision.com/adj-charge-bar.html

kmw1954--- Lee used to make what they referred to as a micro disk. It had smaller volumes than normal powder disks. I have one that is made by someone else and it works fine for small loads of fine powders. I don't think I would want to run a flake powder through it but small charges of Titegroup(under 3.0 grains) work fine. The people selling them on the auction site call them an enhanced metering disk.
    You can even get them in blank so you can drill your own if you wish. Also, some come with set screws that can adjust the hole volume.

Boolit Master
    You can also drill & tap a set screw into the sides of the disks to fine tune the volume of the hole.

Boolit Master
    The disk is what started me using red dot it is fluffy larger volume for its weight I had always read that it did not meter well and was happy with bullseye and unique .
    I liked loading on the LCT so much I was determined to find a powder that worked well for 32 S&W long and 380 so tried red dot. Now it's one of my favorites for 32 , 38 , 44 and 45
    In 380 I use BE-86. The smallest disk works great with these 2 powders on the presses I load 32s and 380s on.
    I used the titan micro disk when I used up the last of my 231 in 32s

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    You can also drill & tap a set screw into the sides of the disks to fine tune the volume of the hole.

If you don't run the full diameter of the tap through the hole it will bind the screw an hold it's setting
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

As onelight mentions Titan Reloading now carry's a version of the Lee Micro Bar. I have seen that mod done to the disks many times and actually picked up a second set just to do that but yes I have procrastinated doing it.

So far I have been able to get my Auto Drum measure down to 2.8gr of HP-38

Boolit Master
    The auto drum is a good measure also they will throw some light charges. You can also get the extra drums so you can keep them adjusted for favorite charges But I have not used it near as much. I have 3 of disk measures I like them they are cheap and easy to use after you have your favorite loads in your log quick to set up. Two are the pro and the third is the base model that I put the upgrade kit on . I got it before the pro model came out.
    These measures aren't prefect but once you get used to them for me anyway good points out number the bad.
    Last edited by onelight; 08-06-2019 at 02:10 AM.