Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee 4-20 Pot modification

Thank you sir!

I will be going to the next step of my modification soon. Just waiting on one part. I hope to mount the thermocouple on the bottom of the pot. I am waiting on the adapter to connect to the PID to it. Mini K type male connector near the spout and do another test. Not the Elvis ammo way but a TC mounted towards the center and bottom of the pot.

Banned
    I like the conversion, curious about a couple of things:

did you use wax to blacken the rim of the pot?

With the spring is the weight really necessary? It looks a little heavy/stiff to raise the handle.

I've found that Making sure the alloy your using is clean/well fluxed and cleaning the pot out occasionally helps slow/stop the drips.

A friend of mine used a short thermocouple with an automotive round connector crimped on the end then he bolted the connector to the bottom of the pot with the spout nut.

I really like that idea, one less thing in the pot and you get the temperature where the lead exits. The friend also said you'll have to play with the temperature setting, the spout mount temperature runs about 20° cooler to get the same temperature and the thermocouple in the pot.

The spring is still holding and it's not very hard to manipulate the arm. The top is black from some wax when I was smelting and is probably why I am getting some leaking. I am waiting on the mini k Male connector to install the TC in the bottom. I'll take the current TC and place it in the toaster oven for powder coating.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    I do enjoy home improvements" especially on our dripping Lee's. I still think just lapping the spout / seat was a huge improvement . A single drip once a minute does not hinder my casting at all.
    Mike in LLama Land
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    The picture you show of the PID. Is that the standard one that Hatch sells? and how much is it?

It is HATCH's PID, he is in the vendor section. Best to PM him and he can tell you what he can do and what is available. Very good PID by the way.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...D-setup-UPDATE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12