Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data

Thread: New ruger pc9 want to use miha .359 penta 125 gr HP need guidance

Boolit Buddy

New ruger pc9 want to use miha .359 penta 125 gr HP need guidance

Well it's ugly, cheaper than a 9mm AR. Olive green stock, And uses glock mags, it has ghost ring with nightsite front and have had fun breaking it in on groundhogs 50yrds or less.
    I really want to use some of my 125 penta hp/135 gr flatnose from my coveted miha 9mm mold. ACWW lubed with tac-1 sized @.3575. My bore is .354 I am considering using a plain base gas check with Blue dot or Unique. Made a dummy up and it feeds from the mag. Could not find any ruger specific posts in the search. Am I going too far or will it shoot without the check and not lead? I wonder if it has enough lube groove volume for the 16 inch barrel and 200-400fps higher speed without a plain base check? You folks always are a big help !
    Thanks
    Gutpile

I'm shooting the same bullet cast from hardball alloy and Hi-Tec coated in my PC9. Using HS-6 with outstanding accuracy. That bullet will hold plenty of lube for a 16 inch barrel.

Boolit Master
    If the fit is good, give it a whirl. Fire 10 or 20 shots and check for lead. My bet is that you won't have any. I regularly find lube on my targets from my 9mm pistols. I doubt you run out of lube.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by BABore View Post
    I'm shooting the same bullet cast from hardball alloy and Hi-Tec coated in my PC9. Using HS-6 with outstanding accuracy. That bullet will hold plenty of lube for a 16 inch barrel.
    "Outstanding" is a pretty big understatement,,,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Banned

It will be fine. It carries plenty of lube.

Mrs. Thumbcocker's PC9 eats NOE 135 rnfp's cast and lubed over 5.0 of power pistol like candy. Clay birds on the 100 yrd berm are toast.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

I cast two lyman bullets for a friend. A 130TC plain base and a 147 TC with a bevel base.

He dosnet shoot them far but they print smaller than a fist out on the 60yard berm. He shoots steel plates with them.

Mine are all PC costed and they are neither hard or pushed hard. We chronographed the 130’s last weekend at almost 1200 fps 16” bbl and 231 powder.

I also have one of these but mine is a 40. It shoots my 181 NOE WFN pretty well but I have t shot it past 60-70 yards. But I hit anything I aim at.

All Mine are PC’d lately. Shooting 12-14 bhn bullets past 1800 with zero leading and good accuracy.

I would really like to buy a trit front site for mine!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw