Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Any intrest in a bullet made to powder coat and special made for the 300 blackout.

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon

Any intrest in a bullet made to powder coat and special made for the 300 blackout.

Here is what I would like to see in a blackout specific powder coating design
    Bullet diameter (.310)
    Bullet length (.965)
    Nose length (.665)
    driving surface length (.300)
    nose starts at .305 diameter and tapers to a Meplat diameter (.08) reason for this powder coat adds up to .002 to .003 in most cases. So final nose diameter after coating would be about .308.
    weight about 155gr
    Last edited by Ramson222; 07-11-2019 at 05:46 PM.

I'm A Honcho!
    Let’s let the one that’s brewing clear and we will come right behind it.

I got this one fellow Honchos. Unless you want it Lakehouse.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Give up that silly PC and use hitek, it only adds .0005”, and is more consistently in that range as well. It’s so easy it’s almost fun. I’m in Portland if you want to try some Id be happy to give you some to try. I’ll never go back to PC that’s for sure.

Boolit Master

I have read a little about hitek, sounds like a pain... waiting on stuff to dry, getting the mix right and so on. Maybe I am wrong... sometimes I also use the PC to gain that extra .001 or .002 for a good bullet fit. Do you put it on before or after gas checks?

You can do either before or after. Yes waiting sucks, but it’s easy at least. Time spent standing bullets on end precariously for PC takes way more time though. The hitek is amazing stuff, you dump bullets on a tray, all jumbled and touching each other, bake them and they come out perfect, they don’t stick to each other at all, so even with the 20 min dry time, I can do insane numbers of finished pills in short order. I also like that there is zero waste with the stuff, and because it’s so thin it really goes a long way, like basically the 1lb jar of powder will be a lifetime supply. It’s true it doesn’t build as thick if you need that trait, but I found that trait to work against me most often, when the noses of rifle bullets got too fat to fit in the chambers.

Boolit Master

I would think you would want a nose dia to be closer to .300 otherwise its about a full length contact. And chambering would require very very deep seating.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, Eagle Creek, Oregon
    The one reason I dont do hitek, is the acetone and the fumes. I have a duct fan with 3000cft per minute air exchange, all the powder coating equipment sits under it. I don't need to wear PPE. PC from the tumblers and fumes from baking go right out the vent. You can be sitting 5ft feet away from the oven and not smell a thing.