MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NAA Guardian Jamming

Banned

Have you tried new magazines?

Boolit Master
    It came with two magazines. Both were sent back with the pistol to NAA a month or two ago. The sent a new mag back with the pistol as a replacement with a new baseplate. I changed the springs in both mags and still malfunctions.

Banned

It strikes me as very odd that NAA would send you back a firearm that malfunctions. That is a concern!

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Attachment 245008Attachment 245009

I cannot replicate it handcycling. The front of the bullet is jammed against the front edge of the chamber almost perpendicular with the case head buried in the mag. In our PMs, I did explain to Dusty that I neglected to mention the mag catch was replaced with a newer design from NAA. The mag extensions are a rest for a second finger and do not allow for additional rounds. The jam will not happen with a full mag and one in the chamber, it has only occurred after a round has been emptied from a full mag. I only have around 150 rounds through the pistol. It was purchased used which opens this up to various issues.
    That looks like a break in jam, a particular problem with new Hi Points. The slide is not cycling all the way back due to stiff recoil spring, and rough surfaces. That is why it functions hand cycling. The cure for Hi Points is +P ammo, the same cure for the Kimber Ultra Light which does the same thing. Keep your slide blocked to the rear while storing the gun, keep the magazines full in storage. Sit in front of the TV racking the slide, this works for most fixed barrel guns that are new, and some 1911's that have micro tolerances like Kimbers. On the 32acp the semi rim does not help matters, the breach of the slide MUST get behind rim to push it forward, otherwise it grabs the rim groove and tips the cartridge upward. This will probably clear up after 500 rounds, which is a common break in of semi autos.
    Last edited by Walkingwolf; 08-21-2019 at 04:11 PM.

An ammo test I saw showed aguilla FMJ ball ammo as the hottest available commercial. They don’t really have a +p 32acp that I’m aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    An ammo test I saw showed aguilla FMJ ball ammo as the hottest available commercial. They don’t really have a +p 32acp that I’m aware of.
    Nope, Buffalo Bore claims theirs is +P but SAMMI does not have any 32acp +P specifications. Probably one could get close by loading to the limit in the loading manual, or sit and rack the slide a few thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
    Nope, Buffalo Bore claims theirs is +P but SAMMI does not have any 32acp +P specifications. Probably one could get close by loading to the limit in the loading manual, or sit and rack the slide a few thousand times.
    My GF will only tolerate a few hundred times at max lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123