Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NAA Guardian Jamming

Another thing could be the angle of the spring at the top has been changed. If the spring is not the same at both ends, maybe they are installed upside down.

Boolit Master
    Well, got new magazine springs from Wolff. New ones are at least an inch longer. Ill get to the range later this week.

Boolit Master
    Magazine springs did not solve the problem. I think it is going back to NAA and I will see if they will replace it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Do modification I described first before sending it back. This will resolve whether a design problem or not. Use the new springs. This will help make your case if you must send it in.

Keep us advised, be interesting to know what the cause is. At this point I'm going to guess too strong recoil spring.

Boolit Mold
    i had similar problems with my seecamp.

Boolit Grand Master
    I note LuckyGunner had similar problems in their review of the pistol and noted it as unreliable with similar jams. The slide was outrunning the magazine. Design flaw insufficiently addressed before sending to market it appears.

Brace yourself for the reality that getting a different one won’t fix it.

Note similar jam to the one you complain of at 4:06 in this video.

Apologies for having to relay such information.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLcxq...&index=13&t=0s

Boolit Grand Master

I know the secamp 32s and I believe the guardians were built around win 32 silver tip ammo. My Gaurdian feeds and functions 100% with them other ball ammo I get a occasional jam. Like the original lugers the best load is the one that duplicates the early bullet profile and pressure. I will also not as the pistols get smaller hold care ammo and everything becomes more critical to function feeding and reliability.

Boolit Grand Master
    Given the penetration deficiencies of HP ammo in 32 ACP I myself would regard a small 32 Auto that was unreliable with ball as a paperweight.

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Given the penetration deficiencies of HP ammo in 32 ACP I myself would regard a small 32 Auto that was unreliable with ball as a paperweight.
    these can be very reliable. Mine is rock solid with almost any ammo, especially ball. I have no hesitation trusting it.

I wonder if it’s the mag extension finger rest thing. That might put tension on the mag that forces it forward or pulls it down.

Boolit Grand Master
    Lucky Gunner and the OP both are having similar problems with theirs, which seems to be an un endorsement

Boolit Master
    As a note, this jam is occurring with no baseplate, plus two(finger not boolit), and pinky rest baseplate(no additional round). This is a gun problem, not anything else. They need to make it right if they are standing behind their product, used or new.

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Lucky Gunner and the OP both are having similar problems with theirs, which seems to be an un endorsement
    Well my Glock just flew apart at the range while I was using it, and that’s not even possible! So does that mean it’s a paper weight too?

Boolit Grand Master
    Actual occurring events with the Guardian are under discussion, so let us confine our future commentary to that. All involved want his gun to work and it is no go so far. I hope they can make it right, but it is the maker’s problem to resolve.

His methodology indicates what he is doing or has done is not the cause of the malfunctions.

I still think is a recoil spring issue. Either too weak and the slide is cycling too fast, or more likely, too strong and the slide is intermittently not going back far enough to pick up a new cartridge.

I do hope it gets resolved though. I know how frustrating such can be. I have one in limbo right now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Weak action springs are usually not connected to the types of jams seen here as the forward movement of the slide is slower when the springs are weak. The slide regardless of spring strength within reasonable limits moves backward much faster than it goes forward. Weak springs actually slow action cycle time especially in the crucial forward motion phase.

Unfortunately little autoloading pistols are the most inherently unreliable repeating firearms on the planet and the hardest to keep functioning reliably with any amount of use. Whatever the cause I also hope it is resolvable but I fear poor design and specification of materials marginally adequate to the task may be at fault.

Backwater manufacturers of firearms have a generally poor engineering reputation.
    Last edited by 35remington; 08-18-2019 at 04:42 PM.

That makes sense.

These have been produced in many numbers, continuously, and still today, for over 22 years. Just saying.

Boolit Master
    They have made a number of them in 4 different calibers. NAA should have this down. Been super busy with work lately and haven't called for a label yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast