RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Small score

Small score

Got these pieces. Those are meant to use bridged batteries together on battery industries. But those ones never used. Got apox 70 pcs weighted about 524 grams each so it is over 36 kg. Price was 8€ I gave him a 10€ bill. So cheap at here i didn't hesitate. Should be pure lead but i wait until i can get it analysed which exactly those are casted for.
    Last edited by Teemu; 07-09-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Boolit Master

Can you scratch it with your thumbnail? If yes, analysis will only confirm what you already suspect. Nice score!
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Grand Master

Nice Score. It looks like its really clean.

Boolit Master

So, translated to 'Murican, that would be about 80 pounds of lead for $11.25 .

I would call that a swell deal !

Thanks! Yup i think it isn't pure. Can't push dent on my thumb nail and those pieces makes clanking sound when i stacked it to other box. I use screwdriver and tap one pcs lightly and that makes dent so it could be WW or similar alloy. I have one friend and he could maybe test those pieces at working place. Either way i'm happy. I keep collecting any lead etc. when ever i have chance.

still a good score
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Master
    That is how you get tons a little at a time,great find

If ya want hard cast, they may be the stuff for ya.

If nothing else, it should alloy into pure lead real well.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Demeter’s_Workshop
    Great Find!

Thanks. I take everything what i can get. Those go do "analyze corner" with others which isn't crystal clear what alloy is. I have bad feeling that some day in we won't get any suitable material for own casting. Besides in that price i wont fall. I've been checking prices what you guys in USA can get lead etc. and wondering where the prices here comes for... I mean if you buy direct from metal sellers or junk yards. Some places you could get good even great price but usually those prices are from bourse where are gold,silver, palladium and other precious metals. But hey sometimes you get things good fellow like this one where i got those pcs. Gotta be thankful for that.

Boolit Master
    Those battery style hardwares are some weird alloy that is kinda hard (what we get around here). I cut it w pure but please tell us if you can find out what it ends up being

Boolit Master

Well done, what caliber will you use it for?
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Grand Master

If those are very hard I would test it for zinc with a drop of acid before you alloy it with anything else. Hopefully its just a hard lead alloy.

Nice score, much easier to move a ton (or 1000 kilo's) of lead in scores like this of manageable amounts. If I found and could afford a huge batch it might seem like work to move it, and I'm sure dear wife would have an opinion on it. No much better 20 kilo here 36 kilo there, maybe a nice fat 50 kilo score once in a while.

As long as you are steadily buying lead and using less than you buy you will eventually end up with a huge stash that with luck you never have to move more than a casting pot or two worth at one time.

Will be interesting to find out what the alloy is if you have it tested. For those of us who scrounge lead the nail hardness test, and the tap for tink vs. thunk sound check is greatly enhanced by the lead objects form telling us what it could be. Always good to learn the alloy of another object.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Yup. I will tell when get test results. May take some time but better late than never.