Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Moose with a 20G sabot?

Boolit Master
    20 gauge will do the job no need to borrow a rifle I would not be comfortable using some else’s equipment if I was not family. I think it’s funny people are under selling the 20 gauge slug or sabot. A good rifles shotgun barrel is an effective gun for all big game.

Boolit Master
    I wonder how the OP made out? He has only two posts, both in this thread, dated July 7th and 8th so I don't know if we will hear from him again. I live in pretty good moose country and can tell you the moose population in Northern Maine is down. I hope he was successful.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master
    What’s the story on the moose. Are deer are down because the Liberals are protecting the wolf and they are decimating the herd along with two rough winters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    What’s the story on the moose. Are deer are down because the Liberals are protecting the wolf and they are decimating the herd along with two rough winters.
    S.S.S.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet-SS View Post
    No wolves here, coyotes though but they prey on deer in the winter. My guess is the winter tick combined with those two rough winters is the big culprit and maybe overhunting. We certainly do not see as many moose around here as we did in years past. The moose hunt is a big money maker for the state so I sense some reluctance to drop the number of permits it issues. I think they need to do something and a good start would be to stop issuing antlerless permits.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master

Lack of logging also so no more big cuts don't help the moose either. Bigger reason next door in NH than ticks IMHO Don't believe the F&G TV guys

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234