MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: 375-6.8 fuw

375-6.8 fuw

I inherited some 6.8SPC brass last fall but have no interest in a 6.8spc. 40-6.8 has been done but didn't see any 375-6.8, so why not. Made some dummy rounds to test them. Annealed, expanded, 375Win sizer die didn't work so one was made. For the sizer the neck dia of the 375Win sizer die was reamed into a 7/8-14tpi threaded section of barrel blank and then the body taper was added in with a boring bar before polishing. Still need to open up the base dia of the sizer die as it's overworking the brass a little, but it's an easy fix. 1.650" is the length of these cases, but I've made some longer dummy rounds using 6.8spc basic brass from starline and will make up to a 1.8" long case version which would be the max length for my DNR zone here in MI. I'll have to figure out a good mold for it. Something stubby that will still feed and 240-260gr or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .375FUW-reamer.JPG   SARCO375Blanks.jpg   375FUW-upper-2.jpg   375FUW-ammo.JPG   Vollmer375.JPG  

Last edited by Moleman-; 07-07-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Moderator Emeritus
    How is this different than a 375 Win? Just a different parent case and no rim?

garandrus, It's pretty similar to 375 win, but: the 375 win case is too long to be used in the limited zone; rimless so it easily works in an AR15; and run at another 5Kpsi. Usually have a post deer hunting gun project and this just happened to be it this year. Not building a better mousetrap, just one legal to hunt with where I live.