Titan ReloadingADvertise hereRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: my name is LLoyd and im an araholic

  1. #1
    Boolit Grand Master






    Lloyd Smale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    munising Michigan
    Posts
    15,245

    my name is LLoyd and im an araholic

    cant quit buying them or thinking of new ones I NEED. Wife thinks 12 is enough. Don't tell her but I bought the upper for #13 today and next payday am going to buy an ar10 upper to finish that one. Then im out of lowers. Going to have to go and see my dealer soon to FIX that.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

  2. #2
    Boolit Master

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Way up in the Cascades
    Posts
    3,071
    Well, you know, after you stand up in front of the crowd and say, "My name is Lloyd, and I'm an araholic", then everyone responds with, "Hi Lloyd."
    Then you have to tell us about your struggles and the clean life you've decided to live -- but obviously you haven't. I think that you're supposed to have a close friend you can call to come over to your house when you feel yourself slipping, and they're supposed to have a long talk with you and then remove the temptation with them when they leave. I'd do it for you, but I live too far away.....

  3. #3
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Market, Iowa
    Posts
    405
    I really do not see what the problem is.

  4. #4
    Boolit Buddy


    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Lowcountry
    Posts
    369
    Hey, Lloyd,
    Tell your wife its either guns (AR's), or I start drinking, and 'other' things, her call..

    I wish I knew what to tell you!!!!

  5. #5
    Boolit Grand Master 303Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,245
    Maybe the problem is you don't have enough? Buy them in bulk then the craving will go away.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

    ''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

  6. #6
    Boolit Master Moleman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    SW Michigan next to a corn field
    Posts
    781
    Better join your support group. I've got three more uppers coming and have close to a dozen barrel blanks waiting for some lathe time. Don't know how many I have, that way it's ok to be a bit vague when asked.
    350 Legend, imitation is the highest form of flattery. Aww, Thanks Winchester!

  7. #7
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    603
    I don't think you have anything to worry about, Lloyd. You haven't even started milling out 80% receivers yet!

  8. #8
    Boolit Grand Master






    Lloyd Smale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    munising Michigan
    Posts
    15,245
    ya I already find myself lying about how many I have so it doesn't turn up eyebrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Better join your support group. I've got three more uppers coming and have close to a dozen barrel blanks waiting for some lathe time. Don't know how many I have, that way it's ok to be a bit vague when asked.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

  9. #9
    Boolit Grand Master






    Lloyd Smale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    munising Michigan
    Posts
    15,245
    I don't think that will ever happen. Doesn't make much sense to me when I can buy one done cheaper then I can buy an 80 percent one. I guess im way beyond caring that someone knows I have guns. If they looked at all the guns ive bought through the years that the government has been notified theyd think I had my own army anyway. I don't see where it would help a thing when they come to get them. Just bury a couple and tell them you sold them years ago and don't remember who you sold them to. Now if a lower cost 200 bucks and I could build my own for 50 id be all over it. But the last two bares cost me 35 bucks a piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    I don't think you have anything to worry about, Lloyd. You haven't even started milling out 80% receivers yet!
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

  10. #10
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Space Coast, FL
    Posts
    1,569
    Lego's for big boys, play on! Plus the more I can show the wife that there are others and it really is not a big deal, see rationalized.

  11. #11
    Boolit Grand Master Texas by God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,691
    And you can paint them and write on them and IT'S OK.
    I don't see a problem either.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Boolit Buddy nueces5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Far south
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    And you can paint them and write on them and IT'S OK.
    I don't see a problem either.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Texas By God, the shoulder strap is more poorer than mine, in Argentina.

  13. #13
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I don't think that will ever happen. Doesn't make much sense to me when I can buy one done cheaper then I can buy an 80 percent one. I guess im way beyond caring that someone knows I have guns. If they looked at all the guns ive bought through the years that the government has been notified theyd think I had my own army anyway. I don't see where it would help a thing when they come to get them. Just bury a couple and tell them you sold them years ago and don't remember who you sold them to. Now if a lower cost 200 bucks and I could build my own for 50 id be all over it. But the last two bares cost me 35 bucks a piece.
    Uh, it's not about that... nevermind.

  14. #14
    Boolit Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    And you can paint them and write on them and IT'S OK.
    I don't see a problem either.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Like the CavArms! I have a couple of those lowers, too.

  15. #15
    Boolit Grand Master Texas by God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,691
    Quote Originally Posted by nueces5 View Post
    Texas By God, the shoulder strap is more poorer than mine, in Argentina.
    I didn't have time to weave one from baler twine

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Boolit Master

    rancher1913's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    plains of colorado
    Posts
    2,286
    the only problem with being an aroholic is the more you know about them, the more you learn you dont know about them
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

  17. #17
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    259
    PSA has stripped lowers for $29.99 right now.

    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...fire-1728.html
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

  18. #18
    Boolit Bub
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Paul View Post
    PSA has stripped lowers for $29.99 right now.

    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...fire-1728.html

    Do you think they do that, in part, to annoy liberals?

  19. #19
    Boolit Grand Master Texas by God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,691
    It’s a FANTASTIC time to be an ARoholic!

  20. #20
    Boolit Buddy
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    159
    Lloyd it appears you have reached a period of truth in your life. Pour yourself a sniffer about half full of Jim Beam with a few ice cubes and say to yourself in a stern, but commanding voice; "its time to give up on McNamara's Fantasy and buy myself a decent AK74 in 5.45x39". Time to say good-bye forever to beer-can receivers and *** gas systems that don't work after a few hundred rounds. Time to take command of the battle ground in front of me and lay waist to the uninformed morons of our great country...................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Abbreviations used in Reloading

BP Bronze Point IMR Improved Military Rifle PTD Pointed
BR Bench Rest M Magnum RN Round Nose
BT Boat Tail PL Power-Lokt SP Soft Point
C Compressed Charge PR Primer SPCL Soft Point "Core-Lokt"
HP Hollow Point PSPCL Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt" C.O.L. Cartridge Overall Length
PSP Pointed Soft Point Spz Spitzer Point SBT Spitzer Boat Tail
LRN Lead Round Nose LWC Lead Wad Cutter LSWC Lead Semi Wad Cutter
GC Gas Check