Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my name is LLoyd and im an araholic

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1946 View Post
    Lloyd it appears you have reached a period of truth in your life. Pour yourself a sniffer about half full of Jim Beam with a few ice cubes and say to yourself in a stern, but commanding voice; "its time to give up on McNamara's Fantasy and buy myself a decent AK74 in 5.45x39". Time to say good-bye forever to beer-can receivers and *** gas systems that don't work after a few hundred rounds. Time to take command of the battle ground in front of me and lay waist to the uninformed morons of our great country...................
    That's funny. That's why AK74s are so popular! Oh wait, they're not. You'd have to be "Beamed up" to believe that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Recovering ARaholic here...used to be a SIGaholic, then a GLOCKaholic DIY'er prior to building them ARs (got them in many sizes including an SBR, multitude of calibers in 2 different platforms AR15s & AR10s)...to avoid withdrawal symptoms, I diverted my attention to a new addiction, building 1911s now, got them in 9s, 38s, 357sig, 40SW, 10mm & of course 45acp...
    Best way to beat an addiction is to start a new one.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig556r View Post
    Recovering ARaholic here...used to be a SIGaholic, then a GLOCKaholic DIY'er prior to building them ARs (got them in many sizes including an SBR, multitude of calibers in 2 different platforms AR15s & AR10s)...to avoid withdrawal symptoms, I diverted my attention to a new addiction, building 1911s now, got them in 9s, 38s, 357sig, 40SW, 10mm & of course 45acp...
    Best way to beat an addiction is to start a new one.
    I'm also a recovering ARaholic... that first .300blk got me started... once I finished the 9mm I told myself I was done... but you gotta have a matching (glock) pistol for that carbine, right? so I dabbled in glocks, did an 80%... and in the meantime started casting...

Boolit Buddy
    I promised my wife no more old cars - she never asks about the gun stuff.

Boolit Master
    Oh Oh!!!! I might be in trouble....I purchased my first AR a couple of years ago...then an extra upper, somehow a new PSA A-2 lower found its way here, and JP spring set, you don't think I am becoming infected do you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Paul View Post
    PSA has stripped lowers for $29.99 right now.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...fire-1728.html
    Yah but shipping is $17/ea.

Boolit Buddy

I got into ARs after avoiding them for many years and I'm a veteran. But like you I couldn't stop at just a couple. I have 8 and then built the wife one Hee Hee��. Then my neighbors started worrying about my after work evening 500 round shooting sessions. So I thought I'd get a single shot rifle in 22 LR even though I already had 4 bolt actions and 3 auto loader 22s. They are a lot of fun so I got another 22 LR and then I got one in 22 mag. Then 2 in .223 rem. And then another in 38-55 win. I also must mention that I am addicted to T/C contenders I have 2 frames and 12 barrels. I also have 4 32 caliber and 3 50 caliber muzzle loaders.

As you can see I'm not going to be much help in trying to talk you out of your current situation but if you can keep you sickness to just ARs your in far better shape than me and others like me.

You didn't mention if you reloaded for any of your ARs that's a whole different lever of crazy and then your on a cast boolit sight. That another level of addiction. If I went cold turkey and stop casting boolits today I could still reload and shot some calibers for 20 years.

This just revealed to me how bad my problem is and why I eat so much Ramon Noodle soup.

Better go now the casting pot is up to temp

Good luck.

Banned

well I saved up the money for the ar10 and the 18 inch uppers were out of stock for about a week then I saw this https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...no-bcg-ch.html it wasn't more then 2 weeks ago I emailed psa and asked them why they only did it in 556. The 300 bo would be a natural for it. Low and behold I open there web site and there it is. I ordered it and a lower build kit and went to the local shop and bought two more bare lowers (not worth the 5 mile trip for just one) with the lower that cost 33 bucks, lower parts kit (magpul and upgraded trigger) was 240 but also included a vortex sparc ar and 180 for the upper and 5o bucks for a bolt Ill have about 500 into it. About the cost of an ugly pc ruger carbine without the 175 dollar red dot. The ar10 is probably going to have to wait a month or so till I can come up with some more money. Got the lower done and have a new vortex 1x6 sitting here ready.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12