Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: erratic groups using IDEAL 311276

erratic groups using IDEAL 311276

Hi!

I've got this old one from IDEAL off ebay and i was looking to do some lights loads to plink at the range with 30 cal mausers and enfields. I've sized one batch of these 311276 with a lubrisizer at 0,311'' for the 30-06 and at 0.314'' for the 303 but the metal displaced forward of the bullet seems uneven and the groups were somewhat large at 50Y (2''+) using 7gr of bullseye. This mold gives me a 168gr with an alloy that can also be too hard for this purpose.

More testing will be done using lee sizing dies.

I don't have the speed of these for now but i think i'm not slow enough to get good results.

Can someone share experience with these light loads using bullseye
    Last edited by Kegcaissy; 07-05-2019 at 12:55 AM.
    We really need a Ar-15 subforum!

In Remembrance

Cagcaissy:

Lubrisizers can size a bullet slightly off-center. "but the metal displaced forward of the bullet seems uneven." This will definitely open up your groups. When sizing long rifle bullets down more than a couple of thousandths. a "push-through" nose first sizing die like those that lee Precision makes and sells, will size the bullet more concentric. I size my rifle bullets with the push through die then run them through the lubrisizer with a sizing die .001 larger to lube them. This extra step usually cust group sizes in half.

Quote Originally Posted by curator View Post
    Cagcaissy:

Lubrisizers can size a bullet slightly off-center. "but the metal displaced forward of the bullet seems uneven." This will definitely open up your groups. When sizing long rifle bullets down more than a couple of thousandths. a "push-through" nose first sizing die like those that lee Precision makes and sells, will size the bullet more concentric. I size my rifle bullets with the push through die then run them through the lubrisizer with a sizing die .001 larger to lube them. This extra step usually cust group sizes in half.
    Thank you sir!
    We really need a Ar-15 subforum!