RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington .22 LR Thunderbolts On Sale @ $14.99

Boolit Buddy

Remington .22 LR Thunderbolts On Sale @ $14.99

Midwayusa listing these for$14.99 per 500. This weekend is also free shipping which included these.

Picked up 3,000 as nothing around my area is a better value. Friend of mine picked up 10,000, 20 boxes and shipping was free!!!! He said Wallyworld moved the price to $24.99 per 500.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Boolit Master
    I call them Thunder Duds for a reason. They may all fire but each one sounds different from loud bang to just a pop. Quality control doesn't seem to be a priority. Doesn't always cycle my semi either. I stopped using Remington 22lr ammo a long time ago. Maybe they are making them beter now, it's been a long time since I've used them. That's a great price, good luck, Jay

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    They work well enough for practice and will cycle my autos. Im still working on a big supply of them from 2009 when .22's were the only thing available. For serious use, I load up W-W Power Point or Mini Mags.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

It's deal - so long as you don't have to actually hit anything...

Boolit Master
    Better than Winchester Wildcats........which ain't saying much..
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master
    I use them for plinking. Not a big deal if the occasional round does not fire and do not need top accuracy.

That is a fair price for lower end .22’s.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Better than Winchester Wildcats........which ain't saying much..
    The Wildcats to which you refer must be current manufacture. I have some from the late 90s which is my "go to" ammo for a variety of 22s. Although not necessarily the most accurate in any given gun, especially if I have had the time to find that gun's preference in ammo, across the board it shoots as well or better than some of the highly touted CCI and FED on equal quality.

Thunderbolts, and worse yet (if possible) Mohawk on the other hand, are what I refer to a "4th of July ammo". Great noise makers but not much good for anything else.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master

I have half a case of "Golden Bullets", leftover from 2003, I haven't had any problems with them, My Scoped ( Leupold 4X Rimfire) 45yr old 10/22 DLX will group 10 shots into an inch or less at 50yrds, My even older Marlin 39D with Williams FP Reciever Sight and 1/8" Gold Bead will group 10 shots into 1 1/2" at 50yrds with Win Wildcats.

On the other hand, neither will group smaller then 3" in My Ruger Mark ll 6 7/8" Target. That likes CCI STD Velocity, which groups well in all My .22LR handguns, especially that Ruger Mark ll target, 10 shots into an 1-1 1/4", almost as good as Rem Target. Eley Tenex once gave me a 3/4" group once. When I was much younger, with 20-20 eyesight and no busted parts giving me trouble yet.

Federal 710 groups well in anything.

but I think .22 Ammo just isn't as good as it used to be. Even if I'm not.

I sure hope the 3 bricks of Wildcat I bought just before California's Anti-Constitutional Ammo Law went into effect on July 1st are at least as good as I can still shoot.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I picked up 3000 the other day at Scheels for $15/500. I was thinking of ordering some from MidwayUSA earlier that day. Good enough for the kids and tin cans at the range.
    My Ruger competition MK2 and Ruger MK2 suppressed get the CCI Standard Velocity.

Get them while you can. Better than nothing when the next crunch hits...

Boolit Master

Walmart has them at that price too.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I have cases of bricks of Thunderbolts, Cyclones and Subsonics that are pre Obama ammo. I don't have a lot of experience with late production 22 ammo but hear a lot of complaints about all of it except CCI. It just so happens the only 22ammo I've bought in years was some CCI standard vel. for plinking ammo for S&W 41. The older ammo I have no complaints on. I think they had good QC back then even on low end and bulk. Win wildcats are the worst of my older ammo.

I have a Marlin that will only function reliably with Wildcats and I've tried a lot of different economy ammo with it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    I call them Thunder Duds for a reason. They may all fire but each one sounds different from loud bang to just a pop. Quality control doesn't seem to be a priority. Doesn't always cycle my semi either. I stopped using Remington 22lr ammo a long time ago. Maybe they are making them beter now, it's been a long time since I've used them. That's a great price, good luck, Jay
    I didn't care for them back in the day either, but in the last year or so I bought a few bricks. We got my son a brand new 10/22 for his birthday, and he's gone through two or three bricks so far. I don't think he's had a single misfire, and you can count the jams on one hand. The accuracy is nothing to brag about, around 2" at 25 yards or so, but good enough for the plinking he does. It could definitely vary from lot to lot, but what we've shot so far has been pretty good, for the price.

Banned
    I remember not that long ago I was ridiculed for saying that 22lr would be less than 5 cents a round again. That's when you were lucky to find them for 11 cents a round. All I have to say is Hahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I remember not that long ago I was ridiculed for saying that 22lr would be less than 5 cents a round again. That's when you were lucky to find them for 11 cents a round. All I have to say is Hahahahahahahah
    I remember that, and you were correct. You have earned your laugh.

All it took was an election

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

All it will take is another Democrat winning the Presidency for 22's to disappear again.

Buy cheap and stack deep. Learn from history or just SHUT UP when it happens

Boolit Master
    Thunderbolts are the worst,dirtiest 22 ammo I've ever used. Had a batch that I had quite a few case ruptures to boot.

Still have bricks of Thunderbolts from Clinton's first term. Coulda made a killing, selling them during the famine, but I'm too ethical to lumber some other poor sap with them.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Doesn't matter since Midway won't ship to Hawaii.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast