Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington .22 LR Thunderbolts On Sale @ $14.99

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    The Wildcats to which you refer must be current manufacture. I have some from the late 90s which is my "go to" ammo for a variety of 22s. Although not necessarily the most accurate in any given gun, especially if I have had the time to find that gun's preference in ammo, across the board it shoots as well or better than some of the highly touted CCI and FED on equal quality.

Thunderbolts, and worse yet (if possible) Mohawk on the other hand, are what I refer to a "4th of July ammo". Great noise makers but not much good for anything else.
    This has been my experience also. Wildcats used to shoot really well, especially considering the low price. I bought a case of them a few months ago, and can expect 3 to 5 misfires per hundred. The head blew completely off of one in my Smith 22A. I haven't had any better results with Their higher priced ammo either, misfires and a ruptured case at the firing pin indent, that blew the right extractor completely out of my rifle. my usage of Remington ammo hasn't been any better. Seem to me that Remington and Winchester are sort of in a race to the bottom. FWIW I prefer CCI and then Fed., as American made ammo goes.
    Oklahoma. Quite possibly the reddest state in the U.S.A. 77 counties, 2 elections, and not a single one went for B.O. Uh make that 3 elections, we didn't care much for Hillary either.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thunderduds shoot well enough in all my guns that I will buy them when they are cheap for practice, and to give to other people when they need ammo. No way would I pay full retail for them though. I have always found that Golden Bullet 40 grain is really good ammo for the money, seems like R-P puts more care into making them. $5.00 for a slide pack of 100 is a good deal any day.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I saw the Remington Thunderbolts just yesterday for $14.99 at our Pacific Northwest Bi-Mart in La Pine, OR. In preference, I picked up a 500 round brick of Federal for $19.97, but the supply was good for either brand. Also, two boxes of 9mm brass Blazer FMJ which were on sale for $8.97 a box, your choice of 115 gr. or 124 gr. That pile was getting small.

Boolit Master

Is anyone using the Federal Black Pack ammo? I bought a bunch last November, and saw it on sale again recently for $60 for the case of 1600 rounds. That's the equivalent of $18.75/500. In my experience it's excellent ammo. It seems almost like Mini-Mag in bulk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12