Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Bad Weather again

Moderator Emeritus

Bad Weather again

8" of rain last night, 3 more forecast tonight... everything is flooding again and I pray for those downstream who will see this extra water in a week or so. Quarter sized hail again too, garden took a bit of a beating but most of it survived. I think I need to grow gills... farm field across the street is a 50% loss, has 4' of water standing in it still this afternoon. Lost power for about 4 hours also. So tired of this wet pattern...

It has been quite soggy here in PA also. It dried up enough to plant corn, and that is coming up in some fields now, but will be somewhat late this year. Our potted flowers look great.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

This is the flip side of the terrible drought we had in Texas a few years ago, which was ended by historic flooding. Still, as a Texas Hill Country denizen, I cannot bring myself to gripe about rain. When it overtops our little roads, I console myself that much of it will end up in the Highland Lakes, in our aquifers or flow downstream to the rice farmers in the coastal plains.

When I was in college in Chico CA, middle of the Central Valley, the weather report gave precipitation in hundredths of an inch. It wasn't called a drought until it had not rained at all in three years.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    I've been following some U-tube channels whose topics deal with the solar minimum cycles, pretty scary stuff has happened in recorded history, and will happen again. We may be heading into a decades long cooling cycle,with the possibility of life altering consequences.
    Now I don't believe everything I find on the internet, but I do believe what I have been seeing lately, and it doesn't seem normal IMHO.

Moderator Emeritus

MaryB, I cant remember a wetter fall, spring, and summer in my 67+ years! Hope you are still doing good!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master
    Was passing thru Worthington, MN on Sat. night. So hot and humid. Figured that if something came thru to set things off it could be some rough weather there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    This is the flip side of the terrible drought we had in Texas a few years ago, which was ended by historic flooding. Still, as a Texas Hill Country denizen, I cannot bring myself to gripe about rain. When it overtops our little roads, I console myself that much of it will end up in the Highland Lakes, in our aquifers or flow downstream to the rice farmers in the coastal plains.
    Yep ...flooding is bad drought is worse
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Was passing thru Worthington, MN on Sat. night. So hot and humid. Figured that if something came thru to set things off it could be some rough weather there.
    You might have just missed it then, they got hit pretty bad