Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Magma D R shot maker

Boolit Master

Magma D R shot maker

Anyone use this shot maker

Boolit Mold
    I have heard a lot about them. With the current insanity in va God knows we may have to go that rout. One thing i learned is to use a fabric sofener bath and be sure the drop is 1/4inch or less. Watch the temp of the bath as well. Cool it down with 2liter bottles of ice

Boolit Buddy
    Google search shows 3 major shot makers on first page; Magma, Littleton, and Oasis. Looking at all 3 sites show the exact same machine except for paint, so who is the real manufacture? The prices are nearly the same and how is followup service? The limited market leaves me wondering as to why the re-branding. The internet has elemanated the need for regional franchises, just thinking out loud.
    Shaune509

Demeter’s_Workshop
    Used one of them hot plate mash up deals before. They are all the same. looks nicer now with that cast pot up there but the insides are the same. I had an original welded plate pot. with a bit of practice and you'll have some shot in no time.

Boolit Buddy
    No rebranding!
    Magma and the other guy decided to make cheaper versions!

Littleton in continuos production since 1979.
    Magma was my largest dealer, but they thought it should be less expensive if they built in house! The other Co. Got mad I wouldn't let him make my castings. Amoung other issues only he seemed to have....

I make more than one machines - 7 and 10 drippers.

Boolit Buddy
    LSM, Did your Patents run out? Seem to think they can only go for about 20 years, sorta sucks when it [the patant] is open use.
    Shaune509

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the replies. I have just started with shot guns and I'm really enjoying it. Thinking about adding one of these shot makers. Going to take a lot of 410 shells to cover the cost.......

Boolit Buddy
    Shaune, yes they did......several years ago. Patents can be gotten around though too....seen it before, mainly over seas manufacturers, but US also....

I just make a superior product, enjoy helping shooters, and offer more than one size machine for home and semi commercial production.

We even did tons of r&d for a couple co.s doing Nontoxic shot.
    Currently we are working on a jr. model a 3 dripper version.
    I have been on the forums since 02/ 03? Helping shooters, can't say I have seen Eric (Magma) or the other co. here assisting folks. And we are still customers of Magma for the casting machines and some pots we want built! No knocking them . We just offer similar items but different still!

Quote Originally Posted by Littleton Shot Maker View Post
    Shaune, yes they did......several years ago. Patents can be gotten around though too....seen it before, mainly over seas manufacturers, but US also....

I just make a superior product, enjoy helping shooters, and offer more than one size machine for home and semi commercial production.

We even did tons of r&d for a couple co.s doing Nontoxic shot.
    Currently we are working on a jr. model a 3 dripper version.
    I have been on the forums since 02/ 03? Helping shooters, can't say I have seen Eric (Magma) or the other co. here assisting folks. And we are still customers of Magma for the casting machines and some pots we want built! No knocking them . We just offer similar items but different still!
    Any progress or eta of the Jr model??? would be real interested in one.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, still working on three dripper machine!! Contact me directly. I want to avoid issues with mods. Thank you.

Boolit Master

Sent you a message via your website.

Thanks
    Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master
    well you don't need a 3 drip can plug the holes on outside
    if you guys don't understand the FULL use of these stay away.
    this is not a plug and drip
    LOT more too it

Boolit Buddy
    Cause folks wanted a less expensive machine and don't already have the mk65.....
    And...... The mk90 is for some one that needs more shot per hour .....10 drippers, double spouts....
    Market demand dictates product development.....

Now shot sorting, rolling machine would be nice.....witu flud recovery, temp controlers, and feeder pots to feed the big machines....

Howdy! I have not been on the forum for a very long time, but one of the reasons I joined was for casting shot, which I have been doing for a few years.
    Mine is a Littleton ( I think!) and works wonderfully to cast 7 1/2 shot for our black powder muzzle loaders and cartridge BP guns.
    It was originally bought because of the price and availability of shot in Northern Canada, and my buddy and I like to tinker as well!
    I plan to get some bigger nozzles because for pointed birds that hang up , thee #7 1/2's are fine, but for longer shots we want some heavier shot.
    I didn't make a recovery tank, but use an old metal ammo box for the coolant, and it sits in a rubber tub for the overflow.
    I haven't used it for a few years because of the amount I made last time, but will fire it up again next Spring.
    David
    Last edited by David todd; 09-29-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    scopes and bags are cool, but palm rests 'n' irons RULE!