Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Accurate Bullet Mold

Boolit Bub

Accurate Bullet Mold

I知 looking to order a accurate bullet mold, I would like 230 grain and no lube groves, I use powder coating. I知 looking for a proven design, not particularly concerned with flap,rn, sw, I have a few 45 acp handguns and don稚 need to have feeding issues. Will I need double cavity mold handles other than the RCBS I知 using now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    RCBS handles work fine with Accurate molds. Look thru the online catalog http://www.accuratemolds.com/catalog.php to find what you are looking for. 45-230AZ, 45-230MZ and 45-230Z look like what you describe.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Buddy

You can also modify any existing mold in hes catalog to be say no lube groove, bevel base, etc.

Boolit Buddy
    I had him create the 230-Z for me on page 16 of his catalog. It cast a little heavy for me with wheel weights at 236 grains. I intend to send it to Hollowpoint Services for penta pins an hopefully a weight of 215 to 220 grains. It fed fine in my Glock 41, Springfield xdm and my carry pistol a xds. My shooting skill and eyesight have suffered for several years now and l use a green laser mostly now. At 25 yards l could wear out a steel target. I super hollow point did I handful and reduce the weight to 206 grains and filled the cavity with booger glue. In dry phonebooks it expanded to over one inch stopping in the first book. Hot glue stick expanded a little less and penetrated a little more. Dry phonebooks plug many hollow points, but not these. I run aluminum PB gas checks on these at a little over 900 fps.

I am using a 225 grain truncated cone (TC) bullet that feeds wonderfully and is as accurate as it gets. Have Tom make this bullet without the grease groove and you should be good to go. Get the 5 cavity mould while you are getting.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Mine is a 45-230B, it feeds perfectly in all of my pistols and is very accurate as well. To work with Tom is just a pleasure and he makes sure that you get what you wants in no time as well! Enjoy your new mold.