Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: German guild rifle

German guild rifle

GREETINGS,
    didn't know what one was or that they existed. Got a good deal on one with double set triggers so high bid and won. After searching the internet for missing buttplate, rear sight and sling with swivels. then plugging a few extra oddball scope holes.

decided better slug the barrel before send a round down range. **** BARREL SLUGGED OUT AT .318 ??

so who has a .318 mold they no longer love ?? OR who is willing to sell a couple hundred cast .318 bullets ??

is there a die set to bump either up or down IF POSSIBLE ??

ALL COMMENTS WELCOME
    " BRING DOWN THIS WALL"
    President Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I would imagine an 8mm Mauser mould would be what your after and you can size them in a simple Lee type sizer to suit your rifle. Some Pictures would be nice. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    If its .318,then a 32 special mould is what you need.......or are more likely to find.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    casca,

Take your pick: http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...0f796vprfkqcf1

This one works nicely for reloading fired, unsized cases: http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...0f796vprfkqcf1

.318 or so was the "old" 8mm bore size.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

In a 1913 German stalking rifle with .318 groove that I have, I simply use bullets from a 319247 mould. Drops .321, mine likes them sized .320. Alloy = 1:20. 319247 is a plain base mould. Almost any mould for .32-40 bullets will be just as good. Best load has been 9 grains of Red Dot for about 1400 fps. Obviously GC bullets can be driven much faster.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I have a 98 sporter from Germany with a .318 barrel BUT chambered with a 8x57 mm and a .323 bore rifle reamer. Don't scare, the other side of the pond use these set ups every year to hunt. I use a rcbs32-170 mold or any other .323 mold. Do not panic about the size as the lower pressure we use for cast is of no problem. (only to key board gun writers is this bad) For jacketed I use Hornady 32-165 pointed bullet or any other bullet if it fits in the neck. With jacket I work in the middle range of book loads. I really love mine as it is incredible accurate and the octagon barrel is nice to look at!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Please post pics. I miss my old Guild rifle. It had a Gerard scope in see thru claw mounts and DST. I could hit soda cans offhand @ 100 yards using the standing leaf rear sight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Texas by God; 07-01-2019 at 06:01 PM.

still waiting on my german made sling and yet to decide on scope or scope less. found an old lyman out of production .318 mold. found some jacketed .318 bullets (just to have on hand )

pictures coming soon
    " BRING DOWN THIS WALL"
    President Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I have a 1888 comission rifle that slugs out at .321 so I could get away using a standard 8mm mold and size to .323 for jacketed bullets 32 special would be my bet. Frank