WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Rossi 92 update

Boolit Buddy

Rossi 92 update

As discussed on a earlier thread I bought a stainless 92 in 44 mag the last day in March. It had excessive headspace that resulted in case separation, and I returned in within 10 days. I received a call this week saying they would send me a new one. Because this is a new serial number I would have to send an ffl, then after two weeks they would put me on the list for a new rifle, but they had none in stock. Who knows when I will get a rifle, or if I will care buy then. Hope it is better than the last one.

Boolit Master
    Well it is disappointing it was not a quick fix , but glad to hear they are going to make it right.
    Hang in there I enjoy my Rossi 92 in 357. Hope they get you set up with a good one.

Boolit Master

I have one in 44 mag as well. Sorry to hear about the wait, that would really stink. Good news is its a great rifle once you get it in. I get baseball size groups with mine out to 100 yards. Do yourself a favor and look at http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant.mvc been using them for years and at $.13 each shipped you cant beat it. They go great over 2400, H110 and Universal/Unique. Good luck.

Boolit Master
    I am a little slow, but doesn't the .44 mag headspace on the rim? Is the chamber oversized in diameter?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    7br aka Mark B.

On the internet, I am 6ft tall, good looking and can dance.

Boolit Buddy
    The 44 does headspace on the rim, but if the chamber is cut too long you will have excessive headspace. My action would close on an .008 shim behind a loaded round.

Boolit Master
    A friend recently bought a new Chiappa Mares Leg 92 in .357 mag..
    It is head and shoulders above my older Rossi in .357 quality wise..
    You might take a look at them as they are chambered in 44 mag. in various barrel lengths, stainless, and even a take down model..
    However they are not cheap..

Boolit Mold
    I too have the Rossi problems. 44 mag stainless. After putting 30 rounds thru it, it shows signs of cracking above the chamber. Sportsman’s warehouse sent it back for me and I’m now being told it will be 12-16 weeks before I get a response. It was brand new ! Very disappointed in both Rossi and sportsman’s.

Issue is that only a few are coming into the country at a time...... it isnt the dealer at all. All the new plant in Brazil

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Oh, one of my distributors has 44 mags in stock, both blued and stainless....... give sportsman a shout or rossi. They should pull one of they need to......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Rossi called yesterday and offered me a blued 92 they found in stock. I told them no, may be a long wait.