Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: 300 bo

Boolit Master

300 bo

I've been seeing a few posts where the 300 BO is mentioned on Contenders & Encores. Would like to hear more about what you guys think of them, especially if suppressed. I'm thinking about trying one.

Banned
    My friend's favorite thing to shoot in his arsenal is his H&R single shot 300 BO with a can -- 230 grn boolits subsonic with a lite charge of pistol powder. No hearing protection needed and deadly accurate.

Boolit Master

My favorite 300 BLK load is a 110-130 grain bullet over enough trail boss or red dot to get 1000fps. the fast powder, 16" barrel and can are very quiet. subsonic 200-250 grain boolits are noisy by comparison.

I am shooting a bolt rifle for these loads

Boolit Buddy

I shoot 150gr HP/GC outta my single shot AAC with Trail boss under it and its nice and quiet at 950 +/-. Works out quite a bit farther than I thought dropped a tree terrorist at around 200 yds.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

In Remembrance

I have an Encore with a 10" MGM .200/221R barrel that will shoot .310" boolits from 110 grain to 245 grain into bug-hole groups out to 125 yards. I do have a Burris 2.5-8X scope mounted and shoot off sand bags. Nonetheless, it is fun to shoot, low recoil/noise, and cheap to reload for. I can either use factory .300 AAC ammo, or my own reloads using trimmed and fire-formed .360 Dan Wesson brass compliments of Starline. I expect to try the subsonic 245 grain cast boolits at 200 yards in the next few weeks since these seem to be the most accurate with 10.5 grains of AA1680.

The .300 only exists at all because it fits into AR magazines, and that's where it should stay. There are far superior cartridges with proper rims available for use in single shots. Start with the .30-30. For the best performance you can get with cast bullets in a .30 caliber, the .30-40 Krag can't be beaten. There are guys doing magical target work with the "30-20" which is the .32-20 cartridge in a .308 12-inch-twist barrel.
    Cognitive Dissident