Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: wtb rcbs piggyback 2

Boolit Man

wtb rcbs piggyback 2

Looking for a rcbs piggyback 2

Boolit Buddy
    I have an extra one already mounted on a Rock Chucker. Hadn't really thought much about selling it, but PM me if you're interested. Also have some extra shell plates as well.

Boolit Bub
    Hate to say I'm not familiar enough with them to know if this is a "2" or not . . . but I've got a new the box "old stock" RCBS No. 87805 Piggyback Conversion . . . was in the bottom of a pile from an estate sale.

If this can help you out at all let me know.

ciao.

J the D
    "Sometimes a society becomes too stupid to survive." Mark Steyn

Boolit Buddy
    The 1 series does not have a case detector for the powder throw but the 2 does. Both are auto-indexing. I believe both the 3 and 4 are manual-indexing and use APS primer strips instead of the pickup tubes, but I don't know how the 3 differs from the 4.

Boolit Master
    FYI
    The old piggybacks have become quite popular lately (I have 3 ) and can demand a higher price than most would surprise most reloaders.
    Check ebay and consider yourself lucky to find one listed with all the shell plates!

By adding a Lee Powder Thru Expander die and Lee auto PM, all the clap-trap/linkage/problematic powder drop system is eliminated, leaving you with a functioning progressive with next to zero problems and only drops powder when a case is present.

A caliber change is made simple(r) by changing out the top plate dies and all to another, and replacing the primer slide for primer change-over.
    The bad is some parts are no longer available but the one's I have found needing replacement are because of abuse by prior ham fisted owners...not normal wear.

If you have one buried at the bottom of your reloading stuff covered in dust, it might be time to give it another try.
    Sorry OP,
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.