RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Family photo

Boolit Master

Family photo

Well, maybe a close relative photo, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 7A49DF9F-4F63-438A-A336-272594C299BF.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Be careful . . . they may "inter-breed"! Who knows what the offspring might look like? A nice family!

Wow...nice little family there...mine doesn't have a family...an only child and spoiled...

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    That’s a mighty fine SAA you have!

They all have their place with me. The Ruger gets the nod for woods and general carry. The Uberti gets some woods duty, but it is my “Hey, let’s try this!” gun. I fire blued the screws, did an action job, stripped it down, file and sand on it to practice blending and grip fitting. Overall it’s a great gun.

For pure joy of ownership and shooting, the Colt wins. Whenever I pull it out at the range, hot women run up and give me their phone numbers. The fit and finish are unbelievable. Probably the best done factory Colt I’ve seen in the last five years. I have some resin ivory+s from guitar parts coming to make a couple sets of one piece grips. It’s the best synthetic ivory I’ve ever played with.

It took about 7 months to get this Colt, it first had to be ordered...wait....then the Smith did his thing to make it run silky smooth, he removed the serrations from the hammer and re-blued it and worked the sear...wait, wait...then he sent it off back east, I think it was a fella in Virginia who dressed her in Walrus Ivory...he had her a couple months and finally returned her looking like this.

I don't know what I was thinking, I had this picture of old yellowed Ivory in my mind and was a bit shocked when I saw her for the first time.
    As it is, it might start yellowing by the time my grand son gets her.

Ivory is slick as a grip...I kinda sorta wish I had done something else but, it is what it is now.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Only big bore Colt I've had was the 3 rd generation .44/40 here in the middle. It had real ivories, but a bunch of issues.

The only Colt I still have is a New Frontier .22, it is perfection in a rimfire SA.
    I bought a Ruger Flattop .45 (Lipseys) and realized I can see the adjustable sights much better, and shoot much better with it. The Flattop has a much more Colt like size, weight, feel and grip. I like it so much I am getting another today.

They both have a second cylinder in .45 ACP, nice in case you ever needed to shoot up a bunch of ACP rounds, but I don't like it with .45 ACP near as much as a good cast bullet .45 Colt load.

Well...what about Grandma and Grandpa -- they're part of the family too!

Attachment 244074Attachment 244075
    Click to enlarge.

DG

Boolit Master
    Hey your right they do reproduce.
    Ain’t he cute he has his fathers hammer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C3EC38F4-735D-45C6-9FC2-A07AA8B20FC4.jpg