Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: That Box of Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by old benn View Post
    Hey: Can we see some pictures of your "hand made". I do that too.
    Sure... Here are a few of the things I've made over the years.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img-7193.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	246403

Name:	img-7220.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	246404

Name:	img-6851.jpg 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	246405

Name:	img-6830.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	246406

Name:	img-1921.jpg 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	246407

There are a ton of photos on my website... I think I have it listed in my sig line.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Sure... Here are a few of the things I've made over the years.

Name:	img-7193.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	246403

Name:	img-7220.jpg 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	246404

Name:	img-6851.jpg 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	246405

Name:	img-6830.jpg 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	246406

Name:	img-1921.jpg 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	246407

There are a ton of photos on my website... I think I have it listed in my sig line.
    Gorgeous Work.

That gator back is eye catching. Your business card should read Master Craftsman because that’s obviously what you are, sir.
    And by the way; my holster box is down to my initialed “keepers” so it’s someone else’s turn. I never got a trade offer and I’m still looking for a IWB for a 9Shield and an 1100 Hunter for a 4-5/8” Ruger Wrangler that might show up.......
    Anybody? See you on S&S!
    TbG
    Last edited by Texas by God; 08-08-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Thank you.
    The gator back wasn't too hard except for the dye. The backstrap was white in order to dye it whatever color one wanted. I ended up doing a lot of custom mixing and "playing" with the dye. I wanted it to look like it just crawled out of the water.
    I've done the same thing with imprinted steer hide in order to give that "right out of the water look" even though this one is just old dead cow. I tend not to use the expensive stuff on my own holsters.

Name:	img-0768.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	246490

It's what I do when it's too hot in Arizona to cast.

Boolit Master

Okay, I never claimed an agile brain - just persistence. I acquired a right-handed Bianchi CD-127 for my friend to use with her S&W Model 10 (a long action beauty). When she decided to move to Montana with me, she returned the S&W along with her holster for it to the friend from whom she borrowed it.

Now she's in Montana with me. Her concealed carry is a nice S&W 640-1. For woods walking we both feel she needs something easier with which to shoot Underwood 180-grain WFN-GC 357 ammunition. My left-handed CD-127 fits my Ruger SP101 4.2-inch perfectly. . . . Remember than CD-127 she used to have?

So, guys, if anywhere in your accumulations of holsters you haven't used in years you have a right-handed Bianchi CD-127, please let me know. . . . I'm kind've begging you. My alternative is to assist her to buy a 44- or 45-caliber double action revolver. Somehow it's entered my mind that the cost of a gun and its "support" will be a little higher than that of a 20-year-old holster and a couple of boxes of specialty ammunition.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Boolit Master
    I was going through my box of holsters and found this one among others.

Last edited by bdicki; 08-20-2019 at 03:36 PM.

I keep looking for some of you guys or gals to list some holsters on S&S. Come on now, you might have one or two I need. I found a few more the other day while I was looking for something else- you know how it goes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The thing about used holsters is nobody will pay for them. It's hardly worth selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by curioushooter View Post
    The thing about used holsters is nobody will pay for them. It's hardly worth selling them.
    Well, I recently sold about 9 or so but they weren't high dollar holsters. That's why I've suggested a holster "swap thread"- to get needed holsters to those who need them. They ain't doing a bit of good sitting in that box- let's get them out on the range and in the hunting fields.

That's not a bad idea. I just found that the more holsters bought and sold just results in more disappointment for me. The only holsters I use are the ones I made because they are made right and fit me and my firearm. My latest creation for my friends 6" 686.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4862.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	249531

I "discovered" a neat old thin leather( probably for a toy gun circa 1950s) that fits the Wrangler and a Uncle Mike's nylon belt holster that will carry my new Beretta 92 until I get leather for it!
    The "Box" saves the day again.

Well, I did list 10 items and sold 9 of them in just a couple of days. Hardly made a dent, lots more to go. Just have to get to it, occupied with other things presently.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Well, I did list 10 items and sold 9 of them in just a couple of days. Hardly made a dent, lots more to go. Just have to get to it, occupied with other things presently.
    DG-Check your email, please.

Thanks for the e-mail! I had to look especially hard for your e-mail, but found it in "Junk" between "Beautiful Russian Women" and "Get a free Capital One credit card." I replied on the forum's PM system. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Thanks for the e-mail! I had to look especially hard for your e-mail, but found it in "Junk" between "Beautiful Russian Women" and "Get a free Capital One credit card." I replied on the forum's PM system. Thanks.
    That makes sense because back when I was a beautiful Russian woman I ran a junkyard.

I'll try to do better on selling the excess holsters and leather, etc. Maybe I can reduce my photo storage enough to once again post 20 or so photos.10 items, front and back. Complicated a little by getting farther into the snowy season and harder to get to the post office to mail off the goodies.

O.K., then-- it took me awhile to figure out your new avatar, Trump 2020, but when I first looked at it I thought someone shot a hole in your truck window. Typical Texas Saturday night. But, we're on the same team!

Quote Originally Posted by JMtoolman View Post
    I am looking for a holster for an 1885 Italian Glesenti revolver with a 3.5 inch barrel. Lets see if anyone has a spare! Ha Ha. The toolman.
    I'm not sure if you're kidding or not....but, I don't have one. I do have some that might work, if your interest is in carrying rather that collecting. Something I've noted over the last maybe 6 mo. or so is that SARCO sometimes has a whole page of replica holsters that they're having made....somewhere....for older military revolvers and pistols. I bought one for an Astra 400 and it seems of high quality manufacture. So you might look at their ad in the Firearms News. It's not in every issue, maybe every third issue. It was probably a flap holster? A Webley holster for a Mk.IV might work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123