Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Thanks Lee

Thanks Lee

I lost parts of Lee scale when my RV was totaled by a tornado in East Texas - called Lee for parts - they had me send base (only part I could find out in pasture) - they sent me a new one at no charge

Boolit Master

Awesome can't beat that.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    That was very nice of them . hope every one was ok , tornados can certainly make life interesting.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I have had little experience with lee customer service but the couple times they took care of me.

Boolit Master

I have been using Lee equipment for 30 years. On the rare occasions that I need parts or repairs, they have always taken care of me.

I don't expect free, but many times I have received free. I think they have made real effort to treat me fairly.

I don't know why some folks bash Lee.

Very good. RCBS is the same way.

Banned
    Several CB members were seriously affected by the tornados.

Glad your OK, how are your house and property?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
    I have been using Lee equipment for 30 years. On the rare occasions that I need parts or repairs, they have always taken care of me.

I don't expect free, but many times I have received free. I think they have made real effort to treat me fairly.

I don't know why some folks bash Lee.
    I figure it's based on a bit of " only the $$$ will do" or some sort of superiority complex.

I was reccomending a freind of mine pick up a lee starter kit and some lee dies/case trimmer/tooling to get started. No reason to invest $$$$ in RCBS, Hornandy or redding etc unless you know it's a hobby your going to do for a while and Lee stuff lasts just as well as anything else at that. Nevermind that your Krag, 3030, SMLE etc are not ultra precision long range rifles, so what if the lee isn't precise to the same level of microns as a $$$ die set.

He started talking to a coworker of his about getting into loading, coworker had been doing it for decades VS my 4 years of experience. Convinced him that Lee is garbage for people who don't know anything and told him to get High end stuff( digital powder measure, progressive press, etc) or don't do it. Well, that's $$$$ and he decided this whole thing sounded too complicated and expensive so he's back to shooting tons of factory ammo.

I love my lee stuff. The powder measure can't be beat for the price, the dippers are a must have, easiest trimming system for next to no money, the dies work as well as my RCBS dies, etc. The better presses are well made but even the old aluminum open one that's like $30 is good enough for a beginner.

Boolit Master

Yep folks bash lee because the products are economic. Just like they bash Hi-point. I love my lee press's and dies. I also really like my Hi-point carbines. I have there pistols too in each caliber make. They work and go bang all the time.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    That’s the way the do business. That’s why we forgive them for their little short comings now and them.

How can they have such policies. It would seem like they either believe in their product, their customer, or both. Weird.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a brand new, still in the box Lee 50th anniversary kit with the challenger press, scale, powder measure, priming tool, , a brand new set of Lee Ultimate dies for 7mm Mag, a box of 100 Berger VLD 180Gr. bullets, and about another $50 worth of brand new stuff..... all for about 1/3 of the original cost.

I bought 100 CCI Magnum Rifle primers and some Reloader 22 powder and neck sized some 7mm Mag cases I had fired through my Interarms Mark X. I did use the Lee factory style collet crimp and the bullets were nicely retained. I scale-checked my powder drops many times with the Lee safety scale, and the powder always dropped within .1 grain consistently.

I set everything up and have loaded 40 rounds using these components and everything checks very consistently with my calipers and scale. I plan to go shoot this coming weekend to try my loads out, and I am expecting good things!

I found a set of Lee dies for my .480 Ruger for $29 last week, brand new at a shop that had them for a while, and I have already prepped 20 cases... Now I just need to find a mold that will drop cast bullets at .478 so I can get to loading some .480 loads.

People expect FREE replacement parts for their lifetime. Or else the bashing begins....

World is chock FULL of tools
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Buddy
    I honestly have to say that the only time I needed assistance from Lee I had nothing! A mold (NEW!) Had the ruled surface and the bulletts came out with the defective base. I sent them the photos of the mold and the bulletts, and I said that I had done the base of the defective mold at my expense! Obviously the bulletts were of less weight, and therefore I asked for a new mold! But they replied that the mold had been tampered with and in any case that I would have to send everything to them! The shipping costs from Italy to the USA are 4 times the cost of the mold!
    I bought other RCBS and Lyman molds, and I kept the Lee, even if it makes bulletts weigh less than the declared one!

But Lee makes good products, considering their cost, and they work well!

Certainly it is not the assistance of RCBS or Redding, but this superlative assistance has its cost, which must be spread over the final cost of the various items!