Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Weihrauch HW40 vs Beeman P17

Boolit Master

Weihrauch HW40 vs Beeman P17

Received an email from PyramidAir this morning that featured several popular air guns, one of which was the Beeman P17. Being curious, I went to the Air Guns of Arizona site and looked up similar air pistols. I was surprised to see the WeihrauchHW40, which looked exactly like the Beeman, at more than $170 more than the Beeman.

While I would expect a difference in quality, that much difference in price seems like the Beeman would be a piece of junk. Beeman is not known for marketing junk.

Any insights?
    John
    W.TN

I’ve seen a lot of good reviews on the p17 lately. I’m not familiar with either one, but those that had the p17 seemed to be happy with it for the price.
    I believe the reviews I saw were on the Gta site?

Boolit Master

I hope it is alright to hijack my own thread. I have been looking at other air pistols and have focused last on the Crosman 2300T. Not a lot that could go wrong that I can see.

I have priced it from two different online vendors and found a large difference in price. The lower priced vendor($149) has a $26 shipping charge. The higher priced vendor($200) ships free. I'm surprised at the obvious attempt to confuse the customer. $26 shipping is ridiculous but the total is still cheaper than the other vendor. Is this common with air guns?
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Another quick question: What is the difference between the Crosman 2300T and the Crosman 2300KT? The KT is available from the Crosman Custom Shop.

Never mind the above question. I just ordered the Crosman 2300KT from Crosman Custom Shop with the Lothar Walther barrel. Shipping was about the same as the quoted shipping in my previous post and total was less than either above. It will take longer to get this pistol but should be worth it. I will post my impressions when it arrives.
    John
    W.TN