WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingADvertise here
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club events ,..things that irritate

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    I reckon Im not the only old fudd doesnt want to get shot by a teen girlfriend picking up a rifle during a ceasefire target check....This would get you thrown off the range years ago,now ,the RO isnt even allowed to yell at them over the PA,but must respectfully instruct them.........
    thats safety, which is entirely different than what is being discussed. if you are unsafe, you are done.

Boolit Master
    In fact ,here its the older guys that have quit ,not the young ones........the ranges are packed with tattoed urban warrior types ,and dumb girlfriends.........the club has to put on multiple ROs ,because these people all seem to need a personal direction........not a PA announcement.

Boolit Buddy
    Like already mentioned , we aren't talking about range days at the club or public ranges . But rather the events or shoots that club members organize , typically to raise cash for the club.

And I feel I should mention again that while the kids was quite enthusiastic and loud when they first arrived , once the firearms came out there was no more joking or clowning around . They did nothing unsafe , followed the range rules and ro's instructions to a t .

Boolit Master

That Happened to a Cowboy Club I used belong to. The founding 3-4 members became more and more .......... until the Membership declined and other Shooters went to other Shoots. I fought against this and got kicked out. The Club died with a wimper.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

Boolit Master

That Happened to a Cowboy Club that l used belong to. The founding 3-4 members became more and more .......... until the Membership declined and other Shooters went to other Shoots. I fought against this and got kicked out. The Club died with a wimper.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    There is no ro at our range we police ourselves . The owner makes every new member go through an orientation given by him. This seems to weed out a lot of people who just want to pay there money and shoot. We still get a few less than desirable people. Some must get there jollies shooting holes in the roof. I can't understand one hole but several that is on purpose. But the vast majority are just good decent people willing to help anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12