Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My head is spinning from google searching bullet lubes

Boolit Master
    I'm a bit biased but I think between MML+ and 666+1 you'll find everything you need in bullet lube.

If you PM me an address you could could probably land you some samples of each to try out.
    You can read all the stuff online, in the magazines and in books and buy into the hypothesis but if you don't actually load up and test them then you know nothing until you do.

Boolit Grand Master

I appreciate that Jailer, and I may take you up on it. First though, I think it will be best if I focus on the store bought lubes. I should see if either 2500+ or TAC1 is going to be better than CR.

Boolit Master
    No problem, shoot me a pm if you change your mind.
    You can read all the stuff online, in the magazines and in books and buy into the hypothesis but if you don't actually load up and test them then you know nothing until you do.

Boolit Master

I grew on My Dad's weird concoctions.
    When I got out of the Service, Reloading/Casting on my Own. I bought Tamarack's version of NRA 50/50. Used it until I ran out. And they were out of Business.
    Tried White Label Lube Sample Pack. Now It's WLL BAC. Or their 45-45-10 for the few Tumble Lube molds I have.

Now I'm using WLL BAC in a Lube-Sizer,
    or WLL 45-45-10 for a few Tumble Lube bullets.
    And I'm Powder Coating too.

I'm so Confused.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Grand Master

What are you confused about, why BAC didn't work for me? BAC was what I wanted to switch to, yet it opened up groups in 327 federal and 41 magnum. No idea why, but it didn't work for me. 2500+ has much more potential.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I have been playing with Canaruba Blue, I have the sample pack of all WLL lubes. I have to say that I just don't see much difference between Canaruba Red, and Canaruba Blue other than the color. Both have the same texture, and I would not say CB is any softer than CR. Maybe it requires ever so slightly less heat in a sizer, but neither work for me without a heater. That's no big deal. Both shoot the same on paper from handguns. For my purposes, they are the same lube. BAC consistently groups worse than either CR or CB. I have been more impressed with 2500+. It really comes down between CR and 2500+ for me.

RandyRat has been generous enough to send me a sample of his TAC 1, and says it is made for the cold conditions. That's no surprise, as he doesn't live all that far from me.

I have also been talking with another member, and I think I am going to try making a lube called MML+ instead of satan lube.

Between the benchmark Canaruba Red, 2500+, TAC 1, and MML+ I should have a winner. Thanks guys, you made it a lot easier than google.
    I think you will find happiness with either MML+ or 666+

I like making things myself enough that I wouldn't buy the commercial stuff anyway.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12