RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your most regretted disposal of a firearm was.......?

Banned

LC Smith 12 ga. SxS traded for a Mod. 19 S&W. Still have the 19...…..wish I still had the LC Smith too.

On a much happier note ... I still have a number of really good guns that I foolishly THOUGHT about selling or trading at some point, BUT luckily I came to my senses and KEPT them instead!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Man
    I sold a pristine Winchester 94 30-30 that I had no regrets about because my friend "needed" it. It didn't bother me till the day I opened a box and found all my 30-30 brass for reloading it. It bugged me so much I called my buddy to see if he still "needed" it. He said he had only shot 5 rounds through it in the 2 years he had it. We made a deal and I bought it back, I celebrated by spreading some random lead around the deserts of Wyoming. Happy ending for me and the 30-30 but sadly enough my friend passed away two weeks later. I kind of felt like I was supposed to own the Winchester again.

Boolit Grand Master
    I’ve sold a lot of guns I’d like to have back, but as the old saying goes, You can’t have them all...”

There are three I would be most happy to have again (or any one of them.) First, I got a S&W Model 16-4 and a Ruger Buckeye Special 32 combo Blackhawk when the 32 H&R was first introduced. I started getting interested in Winchester high and low walls for Schützen about that time and stupidly sold both. In my naive state, one of my first high walls was a beautiful little second year production 32-20 with #1 barrel. Too light for competition and too nice to alter, so I sold it for about a quarter or less of what it would bring today. If I could have back the Ruger and the Winchester I wouldn’t have spent so much time chasing 32s of various configurations.

“Ve grow too soon oldt und too late schmardt!”

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    marlin lever 35 remmington had a idoism of flipping a fast second round up backwards the good part of the deal was the 788 Remington in 243 win that I got in trade its killed a lot coyotes over the years.

Boolit Buddy
    I foolishly traded a s&w mod. 10-5 for... i dont even remember.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I don't think I ever sold or traded one that I wanted back. If I like em, I keep em and once I decide I don't like em, they go.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

I sold a Remington 788 in 222 Remington. I bought it new glass bedded it and put on a Timney trigger which I set at 1 1\2 lbs. I loaded 55 gr Hornady sx bullets over 19.3 gr of 4198. The groups were always touching!

Boolit Master

Stainless Ruger 1911 commander size in .45acp to a co-worker with 185 SWC mold & boolits to boot...

Boolit Master
    S.S. S&W model 686 .357M 6" bbl. with both rear adj. sights, and the dial adj. front sight for silhouette shooting.

SS snubnosed Ruger Speed Six .357M

Single Six Ruger 22/22M with both cylinders.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Remington 521T, back in the late 1960s. Full target sights-Lyman front with inserts, Lyman rear target sight. Bought it used for $25, sold it several months later for $35. I made a huge profit, right?

Boolit Master
    The drawer full of S&W revolvers I purged because of one really bad new purchase. Model 19 in the early eighties, it was twice worked by them in the first year. They had it almost nine months of the year and I decided not this one, these here are going and never again. Then they rolled for Clinton in the nineties confirming and reinforcing my disdain. And now how much they are pulling, oh well!

Boolit Master
    A savage bolt action 30-30. Still kick myself for letting it go.

Boolit Grand Master

I've sold several over the years but the one that I would like to have back was a Ruger target 22 with the Bi-Centnetenal stamp. Made in the 200th year of American Liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Nickle plated Model 10 S&W. Stupidly traded it off for a gun I can't even remember...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

My first handgun. A Ruger P89DC was bought in 1993. First production year. Started liking Glocks (still do) and sport bikes. Sold the Ruger to fund a helmet for the bike. I've regretted selling it ever since.

The story has a somewhat happy ending. For years I've been browsing for a replacement. Last winter I finally found a new-in-box gun. Identical configuration and year of manufacture as my original. It was a pretty good price too, although almost double what I sold the original for.

Relationship started well with the new gun. This is the first round down the pipe!

Last edited by Taterhead; 06-20-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Boolit Master
    S&W Model 15 I traded back and forth with a deputy sheriff until we about got plumb tired of it. But got another one in better shape about four years ago; so in the words of Edit Piaf: Non, je ne regrette rien - (No, I regret nothing).

Boolit Buddy
    S W Silver’s 500 Black Powder Express Double Rifle. Jones underlever, hammer gun, 28” barrels with mint bores. Rifle carried Express sights which shot to point of aim. Rifle was imported from Africa by Jack First in 1985. At the time second tier BPE Double Rifles we’re reasonably priced. At the time the Rifle was roughly 90 years old and still in very decent condition. Deeply regret selling it!
    Rick

Back in '98 I traded in my Savage 99C in 308Win for my Ruger M77-MKII in 30-06. I love my Ruger but I now regret trading in the 99C for it. I should have kept it and had it rebarreled....and bought the Ruger.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Sold more than I thought when going back over my history, but only two that I've ever regretted.

1- Winchester Model 70 Westerner in 7mm Reg Mag. Traded it to a guy at a gunshow along with reloading dies for a beat to death Ruger Mini 14, I was young and stupid and really wanted a Mini 14. The Ruger couldn't shoot minute of jackrabbit and went down the road within a year, never been tempted by a Mini 14 since.

2- S&W Mod 60, just had a trigger job done on it and it was capable of rolling soda cans at 50yds when I did my part. Sold it to a coworker who really wanted it for his wife's CCW.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast