Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 MM Recoil

Boolit Master

My G29 has become my all time favorite 10mm!!

The G20 has a KKM 6” barrel and shoots lights out! I will also be buying a KKM for the G29 soon!! Im just on the fence at a length. Thinking G20 length but dont want to loose its great size. Then i tell Myself, “nothing wrong with factory barrel if the need for size is a issue. Just put factory barrel back in!”

I rarely shoot My Deltas any more. And I have had the 1076 out is years. (Also great gun!!!)

I have thought about a contender barrel, for some load testing and range duties, but haven't sprung for it. Maybe if I run across one used.

Anyhow, the G29 is just perfect if it would accept the G20 barrels it WOULD BE PERFECT!!

I agree and also use the Fact Silver tip loads and bullets (back when Winchester sold them) I still have a small stash of 175 ST bullets too! I have pushed them to almost 1500 in a 16” barrel carbine and took one deer with that velocity. Thru and thru bigger than a quarter exit after two feet if deer was traversed. Thru a shoulder blade, clipped spine and one rib. STILL EXITED mostly together. I have taken three other deer with sameLoad in my g20 6” at close to 1300 fps. Never recovered a bullet.

I recently bought some 220g HP bullets from GT bullets. These are a bit soft. But expansion tests show test book expansion at 1100ish. FPS. Unless I really push it, that should be about max attainable velocity anyhow.

Great fun caliber!!

CW
    Last edited by cwlongshot; 06-20-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Banned
    The 40 and the 10 are a little snappy. That is probably why law enforcement went away from the 10 in favor of the 40.

Boolit Master
    I used to have a Wyoming 10mm and just loved it, sadly Little Jackboot John said it had to be destroyed. I also had a Stainless Ruger Hunter single action in 44mag and I found it had more recoil, I do notice recoil much more now I am 65. Regards Stephen

Boolit Master
    I had a 1006 for quite a while. Good guns.

Going really full house, yes,there was recoil but it was okay. I never got used to the trigger though.

Boolit Master

Always found 40’s to be snappy, shot a 1911 10mm, not too snappy, and a Glock 10mm, isn’t care it much. Then a buddy let me shoot his 1006, S&B factory loads. Felt like shooting a 9mm and, for me at least, very accurate.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I have to say it's the 28 oz that got you. I have owned snub 44mags but i didn't know what recoil was until i bought a 23 oz 41 mag. I have come to really like the gun but i will tell you that i got a rude awakening when i touched off a full bore load. 28 oz ain't that much more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12