Load DataRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: CZ 527 in 300 blackout

Boolit Master

CZ 527 in 300 blackout

What are your opinions on the CZ 527 om 300 blackout? I don't want it for a suppressor
    or even heavy boolet loads. I want more of a rook rifle. 100 to 160 grain loads. How does the 1 in 7 twist work with these lighter boolets? Is this rifle accurate? I would rather have a 20 inch barrel.

I also want to convert 223 to 300 blackout...Looks simple enough..

Just dreaming but wondering also..

Thanks,Dale

I’ve been thinking about that rifle for the 125 ish boolits too. I’ll be watching this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CZ 527 in 300 blackout

110 vmax bullets are great in a 300 blk. I also have a 113 grain bullet mold (Lee I think) that is awesome when powder coated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I like mine. it shoots 110 vmax, 125 sat, and 125 nosler ballistic tips very well at full velocity. I shoot the 311247 whisper and 311410 at subsonic velocities. they also shoot very well.

Although mine is in a 700 Remington 16" barrel bolt action carbine it has the same 1 in 7 barrel twist and it likes anything from 110 grain to 230 grain bullets (and boolits). I can't see that the CZ wouldn't be just as much fun to play with using virtually any weight of .30 calibre bullet or boolit.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Also, I've found the CZ to feed boolits with wider replays than the Remington will.

Boolit Grand Master

I was able to pick up a Rem 700 Tactical with the threaded heavy 5R barrel and its a hoot to shoot subs with it at reactive targets and I can switch to supers and hit reactives all the way to 300 yards with ease. Its a fun range gun and is of course very frugal to shoot. Being a bolt gun, youre not limited to loadings that are required to function gas guns.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the replies. Do you make your own brass? Any details here would be appreciated. I'm looking at the remington and the CZ. I would really like a longer barrel..... Maybe find a well worn 223 CZ and rebarrel .

Oh, Another thought. What is the rifling like in your guns? I prefer broad lands and deep grooves like the old Mausers. I wonder about the 5r rifling with cast also....

Another thought.... I would like a longer neck for cast. maybe .125 longer in a custom barrel... I would use it as a single shot anyway. Thoughts?

I make my brass for bo but looked at a longer neck. It is possible but not sure it is needed. 125 to 150 gr are probably best for hunting, 110 work but need to be pushed fast to get energy up.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    You are right about the neck. I collect molds for 30 cal and have many in 100 to 150 grain range. This is just going to another 22lr replacement. It might make a short range deer round although all my short range rounds have had 'Chevy Blazer' as a name...

But a 125 flat nose might have plenty power for the job. C'mon guys...You can justify this to me...I'm willing.... Dale
    Last edited by castalott; 06-23-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: I need to proo fread better...lol

I have a 20" pistol caliber carbine in 357SIG that I shoot 125s in. I can get 2000fps leaning on it pretty hard and it has a little more than half the powder capacity of a .300BO. 2000fps is more than 1100ftlbs of muzzle energy for a 125gr projectile. At cast-friendly velocities I can hand load it for less than rimfire with 158 RNFPBBs for plinking. I also have a .223REM CZ 527 that I dearly love and would recommend to anyone wanting an all-round plinking/small game hunting rifle, with lighter projecitles I cannot see much difference between the .223 and the .300BO for general purpose.

If it's in your budget, I say why the heck not? If you don't like it the BO is popular enough you should not have any trouble sending it on down the line.

Banned

ive got an ar15 16 inch and an ar15 8.5 inch. I don't shoot sub sonic either. I shoot the rcbs 130 spitzer gas check bullet and it shoots great in both. The ar pistol will put 5 into an inch and a half at 50 yards and the 16 inch gun will do it at a 100. At first I made brass. Bought a little harbor freight cut off wheel and a stop you could set to the right length. You chop them off a bit tall size them down in a 300 die then trim and chamfer. Bottom line is I did a couple hundred like that and found places that sell once fired brass cheap enough that it isn't even worth the bother. Especially if you have to swadge primer pockets on military 556 brass. If I want real accuracy my 16 inch gun shoots the barnes 110 x bullet with 20 grains of 110 and a fed small rifle primer into 3/4s of an inch at a 100 yards for 5 shot and the little 8.5 inch gun does about 1.5 inch but I know it would probably get it down to an inch just by switching optics. it has a 3x burris prism sight on it and the dot covers a 2 inch square at a 100 yards. Had the same sight on the 16 inch gun and switching it to my trijicon acupoint 1x4 cut group sizes near in half a 100 yards. Cool thing is both guns shoot the cast bullet to the same point of aim as the barnes out to 50 yards and probably even 75 so I can pound steel targets all day long for cheap and go hunting in the evening with just swapping ammo. I really fell for this little round. I think next will be a ruger American 16 inch gun. I might even suppress that one. the ars just get to much gunk and crud in them from back pressure from my can.