Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conversation with Our Game Warden

Banned
    I've had several experience with the brown shirts in Alaska. All negative.

Banned
    I had a conversation with a ________________(game warden, teacher, convenience store clerk, postal employee, train conductor, solider, sailor, judge........... GUN OWNER......mechanic, doctor, etc.)

People are people. You cannot accurately classify ALL people in a profession by your interaction with a few of them.

Major Nidal Hasan was a U.S. Army officer that killed 13 people at Fort Hood. He doesn't represent all Army officers.

Stephen Paddock was a gun owner that killed 60 people in Los Vegas, he hardly represents most gun owners.

Stephen Siller was New York City Firefighter that ran through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel with 60 lbs of gear to join his fellow firefighters at the World Trade Towers on 9/11. He died while attempting to save others. He certainly represents the courage of the fire service but he was an extraordinary firefighter.

Robert Hanssen was an FBI agent that betrayed America and sold classified information to the Soviets. He hardly represents every FBI agent.

Officer Sean Collier was executed in his patrol car by the Boston Marathon bombers, he died while doing his job.

Officer Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd when Floyd was handcuffed and on the ground. Chauvin hardly represents ALL police officers.

Just because someone puts on a uniform or joins a profession, doesn't mean they represent ALL the other people that join that same profession.

No one hates a bad cop worse than a good cop.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Banned
    One one hates a bad gun owner more than a good gun owner.

Boolit Master
    I see more HNF people than I do COs here, they are after people riding ATVs in the HNF. The COs recently have been picking up the ginseng harvesters out of the forest.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    One or two word responses to any questions is all they ever get from me.
    Never volunteer any information to them, ever.
    When I'm treated like a criminal from the get-go I clam up quick.
    Yep, across the Ohio River, here in West Virginia they are just like you said. Arrogant, and smart-donky.

Have a good one that happened to me and my father-in-law years back.

We were ground hog hunting. Game warden drives up, gets outs, and asks to check our licenses, what we are doing, etc. He is in his own civilian owned pick-up, dressed in every day clothes, no uniform, nothing. Now, we know who he is, no big secret.

Father-in-law, says nothing, tells me to keep my mouth shut, and we show our licenses and everything is legal. Then my father-in-law asks the warden, "Now you saw our licenses, let me see your badge, I.D., or something that shows you have the authority to check us, detain us, or interfere with what we are doing."

"I don't have my badge, or anything else with me." replies the warden.

Father-in-law says, "Then the best thing you can do, is get back in your truck, and move it on up the road."

"You know who I am, we know each other." says the warden.

"I don't care who you are, you don't come checking us without a badge, a uniform or some legal ID of your authority. And if you want to push it, write us up for something, and I will see you in court." my father-in law ended the conversation, and the warden turned blood-red in the face and went back to his pick-up and left.

Father-in law told me, "Don't ever let them bluff you. That's how they work."
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Banned
    " .....here in West Virginia they are just like you said. Arrogant, and smart-donky." Really? Have you met ALL of them?

It amazes me how someone can interact with one game warden, one Walmart clerk, one postal employee, ONE GUN OWNER......and be able to classify everyone in that same group based on that one individual.

And by the way, your father in law had a tiny little bit of power and he chose to exercise that little bit of power to ......I guess, ...put that game warden "in his place" ?

I'm not sure what that exercise proved but I am certain that if that game warden ever encountered your father in law again, and had the opportunity to charge him with something; he will remember that prior stunt.
    In a future encounter, do you think that game warden will use his discretion and let your father in law off with a warning OR do you think he will will take the opportunity to return that stunt?

How smart was that move?

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=Petrol & Powder;5027212]" .....here in West Virginia they are just like you said. Arrogant, and smart-donky." Really? Have you met ALL of them?

It amazes me how someone can interact with one game warden, one Walmart clerk, one postal employee, ONE GUN OWNER......and be able to classify everyone in that same group based on that one individual.

And by the way, your father in law had a tiny little bit of power and he chose to exercise that little bit of power to ......I guess, ...put that game warden "in his place" ?

I'm not sure what that exercise proved but I am certain that if that game warden ever encountered your father in law again, and had the opportunity to charge him with something; he will remember that prior stunt.
    In a future encounter, do you think that game warden will use his discretion and let your father in law off with a warning OR do you think he will will take the opportunity to return that stunt?

How smart was that move?

This happened some 25 years ago. And I look at it this way, IF they want me to obey the laws of the jurisdiction in our county, then they, as a sworn and bonded officer of the state need to do the same. When a game warden comes around and is intent on enforcing the law, he needs to remember "the law."

This the same warden who would write you up if you filled out a game tag wrong. "The law is the law!"

This game warden received an early retirement because he had a problem with alcohol while on duty, and off duty, and seemed to like married women more than he should have. His wife dumped him, and kicked him out. Then he tried to start a business with a convenience store and gas pumps in here in our area, and it went belly-up in a very short time.

The are a few people on this board who live in the same small county that I do, and I bet they remember his name.
    Last edited by Hickok; 11-08-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Banned
    So every game warden in the United States is just like him?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    So every game warden in the United States is just like him?
    I never said that. But it seems some game wardens here in WV have a snotty attitude when they come in contact with the public.

I have been stopped by WV State Troopers, or had conversations with them at road checks, and they have always been courteous, respectful and professional.

I am 66 years old and I have been checked more than once for fishing and hunting license. Never been given a ticket. Game wardens have always acted like I guilty of something as they questioned and checked my license. We are not talking about a murder or a bank robbery here....it just a license to catch a dog-gone fish or shoot a squirrel or a deer!

In order to get respect, you have to give respect. I live in West Virginia and that is the way it is here.

If it is different where you live,...then it is what it is.

No more to say on this subject. I'm out.
    Last edited by Hickok; 11-08-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Banned

Rubber buckshot?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    I never said that. But it seems some game wardens here in WV have a snotty attitude when they come in contact with the public.

I have been stopped by WV State Troopers, or had conversations with them at road checks, and they have always been courteous, respectful and professional.

I am 66 years old and I have been checked more than once for fishing and hunting license. Never been given a ticket. Game wardens have always acted like I guilty of something as they questioned and checked my license. We are not talking about a murder or a bank robbery here....it just a license to catch a dog-gone fish or shoot a squirrel or a deer!

In order to get respect, you have to give respect. I live in West Virginia and that is the way it is here.

If it is different where you live,...then it is what it is.

No more to say on this subject. I'm out.
    Here's what you said, "......here in West Virginia they are just like you said. Arrogant, and smart-donky."
    I added the emphasis on the word "they" because that word indicates your comment was directed to a group, not an individual.

Opinions stated. Is this worth an argument among friends? Let's move along.......

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Hickok;5027255]
    " .....here in West Virginia they are just like you said. Arrogant, and smart-donky." Really? Have you met ALL of them?

How smart was that move?

This happened some 25 years ago. And I look at it this way, IF they want me to obey the laws of the jurisdiction in our county, then they, as a sworn and bonded officer of the state need to do the same. When a game warden comes around and is intent on enforcing the law, he needs to remember "the law."

This the same warden who would write you up if you filled out a game tag wrong. "The law is the law!"

This game warden received an early retirement because he had a problem with alcohol while on duty, and off duty, and seemed to like married women more than he should have. His wife dumped him, and kicked him out. Then he tried to start a business with a convenience store and gas pumps in here in our area, and it went belly-up in a very short time.

The are a few people on this board who live in the same small county that I do, and I bet they remember his name.
    I’ll play, McKnight?
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Know Sheep Ranch well. A brother-in-Law of mine lived up there. Ran hwy. 49 a lot. Hunted pheasant in the foothills many a year. Escaped CA in '94!
    "[I]Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a Subject to a Citizen." (Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC)

A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.
    Henry Ward Beecher

"Poor planning, on your part, does not constitute an emergency, on my part..."

Boolit Master

I had a conversation with a ________________(game warden, teacher, convenience store clerk, postal employee, train conductor, solider, sailor, judge........... GUN OWNER......mechanic, doctor, etc.)

People are people. You cannot accurately classify ALL people in a profession by your interaction with a few of them.

Major Nidal Hasan was a U.S. Army officer that killed 13 people at Fort Hood. He doesn't represent all Army officers.

Stephen Paddock was a gun owner that killed 60 people in Los Vegas, he hardly represents most gun owners.

Stephen Siller was New York City Firefighter that ran through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel with 60 lbs of gear to join his fellow firefighters at the World Trade Towers on 9/11. He died while attempting to save others. He certainly represents the courage of the fire service but he was an extraordinary firefighter.

Robert Hanssen was an FBI agent that betrayed America and sold classified information to the Soviets. He hardly represents every FBI agent.

Officer Sean Collier was executed in his patrol car by the Boston Marathon bombers, he died while doing his job.

Officer Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd when Floyd was handcuffed and on the ground. Chauvin hardly represents ALL police officers.

Just because someone puts on a uniform or joins a profession, doesn't mean they represent ALL the other people that join that same profession.
    Agree. But most arses can't fine or arrest you.

BugIn
    Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12