Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: Mark 7 Reloading equipment

Boolit Bub

Mark 7 Reloading equipment

Hi:

I relize that Mark 7 Reloading equipment is very automated and this may not be right for this forum. If it has any one had experience with this brand of equipment.

I friend of mine is thinking of buying one. they are about $13,000.

Thanks,

Terryt

Boolit Master

you will find more information on Brian Enos's Forums. Lyman just purchased the Mark 7 company.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    you will find more information on Brian Enos's Forums. Lyman just purchased the Mark 7 company.
    +1 There is a huge Mark 7 following on brianenos forums, and a LOT of knowledge.

Banned
    One fine machine

Boolit Bub
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Ive got a mark 7 pro on my 1050.

It is great except I have constant issues with their remote stop. they sent me a replacement and it went funny so I've just stopped using it.

Other than that I have no complaints and couldn't go back to manual loading.

Those revolutions are next level. I'd be confident in buying one but read the thread on brian enos. People are having issues.

Banned
    Issues can be solved easily by simply picking up the phone instead of crying on a number of different forums. The machines are simple, the control is simple, and to be blunt a lot of people simply aren't smart enough to run them correctly.

Its a fine machine. the remote stop is a simple control that can be troubleshot in less than 5 minutes by anyone with a volt/ohm meter and a small amount of common sense.

Boolit Buddy
    They've always been helpful using their customer service email. I just didn't bother the 2nd time because I didn't really need it with the bullet sensor.

The faulty remote stop doesn't just fail at remote stopping, it plays havoc with all the other sensors for some reason. Do you know why that is?

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for more infor

Boolit Bub
    Unfortunately Mark Vii seems to have abandoned us 1050 autodrive users and are focusing on their in house machines. I have a pro, It works OK. Software is glitchy, sometimes things work, sometimes not. The Mark Vii forum had proven to be absolutely worthless for getting answers with unanswered questions for months at a time. I want to love mine, sometimes I do, but the customer service I have seen is not great
    Last edited by dyecocker1; 06-25-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by dyecocker1 View Post
    Unfortunately Mark Vii seems to have abandoned us 1050 autodrive users and are focusing on their in house machines. I have a pro, It works OK. Software is glitchy, sometimes things work, sometimes not. The Mark Vii forum had proven to be absolutely worthless for getting answers with unanswered questions for months at a time. I want to love mine, sometimes I do, but the customer service I have seen is not great
    I would not hesitate to ask any questions directly to mark 7... if that's unsatisfying, I'd try brianenos.com: There are a ton of guys over there with those machines, and many are very technically savvy.

Boolit Bub
    I too have a mark VII pro on a 1050. Haven't had any issues with it that weren't user error yet. Hopefully it keeps trucking along for a while.

I keep looking at their new machines but no way I could or would switch from Dillon. To easy for me to drive across town to get anything I need for them.

I'm torn between Mark7 autodrive (in the future) and the drives from fast and friendly brass. I'm leaning toward the later. I like the idea of being able if needed to fix things with off the shelf parts.

Boolit Buddy
    I was actually looking at the mkvii system last night. But at $3-4000aud it's a non starter. I am interested in automation for my 650 to pump out the 9mm ammo, but am considering building it myself instead. The mechanic build will be simple, but the programming aspect I have no experience in. Anyone know if this has been done already by someone at home ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatch View Post
    I was actually looking at the mkvii system last night. But at $3-4000aud it's a non starter. I am interested in automation for my 650 to pump out the 9mm ammo, but am considering building it myself instead. The mechanic build will be simple, but the programming aspect I have no experience in. Anyone know if this has been done already by someone at home ?
    No reason why it can't be done, an Arduino and someone that knows how to code, it can't be too difficult. Air cylinder to actuate the handle, but a motor may be better for consistent force being applied and no "springyness" when operating. Few limit switches so it knows when the arm is down, and when up to now what point it is in the cycle.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazza View Post
    No reason why it can't be done, an Arduino and someone that knows how to code, it can't be too difficult. Air cylinder to actuate the handle, but a motor may be better for consistent force being applied and no "springyness" when operating. Few limit switches so it knows when the arm is down, and when up to now what point it is in the cycle.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a 4pole single phase motor and 100:1 gearbox. I can machine up a crankshaft at work to operate the ram. 15rpm should give 900 rounds a minute. I think you wouldn't even need a computer. Just switches that will knock out the power via relay. Figure out a shear pin in case of a jam up. Add in a bullet feeder and case feeder. It would still need attention but would be considerably quicker than operating by hand and would also mean I could hitek/size at the same time. All up less than 1500 buck. Worth investigating.

Boolit Master
    There was a video Jmorris put up showing his reloading presses running, he ran it with a cam style setup with an electric motor to actuate the arm.

No reason why that won't do the trick, agreed that no computer is needed, if you have limit switches and some sort of shear pin, you won't pull things apart if it was to jam.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for all the info.

Terrytm