Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: CMP board problem?

Boolit Buddy

CMP board problem?

Hi All,

Is anyone having a problem getting on the CMP forum board? The screen goes white, if I try to open any post?
    I'll stop by later to see if anyone replied.

Thanks for any help,
    broom

I use Tapatalk on my phone...I get on but it looks like it lost some data (post and updates from the last 7 or so days are gone). Very few new post so there must be a lot of people that can’t get on still.

Boolit Grand Master

I registered there and even though it said I was registered and logged on I could never post. Sent an email to the admin but never got a reply.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Fellows,

Thanks, I thought it was me! Sadly my computer skills are very poor.

broom LB check your PM's ---I may be able to help you out.

Doesn’t look like there’s been any updates on the site all night.

Boolit Buddy
    Logged on without issues earlier today. There is a post by the forum webmaster about forum problems from this afternoon.

"All issues have been resolved at this time. Please contact cmpforums@thecmp.org or post here. Mozilla Firefox has had no issues with the forum thus far so it can be used at any time."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I registered there and even though it said I was registered and logged on I could never post. Sent an email to the admin but never got a reply.
    Not a new or surprising issue ... The CMP Forum's admin folks are super-anal about who they let on.

And they're quick to ban posters who they feel get out of line with the establish tenor of the topics and posts, or who opine on subject-matter or argue certain controversial topics, even if the substance of what is posted, or the language used, isn't obnoxious or abusive.

It's a very guarded good-ol'-boys Garand-fan club, composed of a hierarchy of well-known veteran members who support the site and help the admins in various ways, many being serious M1 collectors who never actually get out to the range and shoot. A number of them have contributed substantive articles to the Garand Collectors Journal. In their time posting on the Forum they've staked out positions on all issues and matters 'Garand-related' (technical and historical) which are not subject to dispute, and whose arses require intermittent kissing by the newer and/or less 'M1-knowledgable' members. (It is said some of these long-time members help 'police' the Forum and will not infrequently run to the Admins to seek banishment of other members they find too questioning, too argumentative, or simply personally irritating).

So new folks who register to join the CMP Forum can expect to undergo a substantial 'waiting period' before receiving the official green-light to start posting, if it ever comes. One guy, if I recall correctly, complained about having to wait six months before receiving permission to post.

It's like you're placed in a sort of indeterminate 'limbo' while the admins take their sweet time researching your ISP information to see if you're actually a former and now-banned member using a new screen name to try and sneak back on.

Just FYI ...
    Last edited by Nick Adams; 06-23-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

That's about what I thought which is unfortunate. I was not really intending on posting there much, this forum keeps me busy enough. I was looking to get some technical advise on a couple '03s and perhaps sell some milsurp parts, sights and maybe an '03. I seldom post on some other like forums because I am not into collecting, especially M1s.

Failing to at least answer my emails and explaining why is pretty unthoughtful.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    That's about what I thought which is unfortunate. I was not really intending on posting there much, this forum keeps me busy enough. I was looking to get some technical advise on a couple '03s and perhaps sell some milsurp parts, sights and maybe an '03. I seldom post on some other like forums because I am not into collecting, especially M1s.

Failing to at least answer my emails and explaining why is pretty unthoughtful.
    All true, unfortunately.

Boolit Master
    Odd, I've been a CMP forum member for just shy of ten years and haven't seen these issues with other members there. Lots of good info on more than Garands, and discussions are backed up with research, not just opinions. Probably has a few of the types described in above posts but I haven't seen them and probably no more than any forums.

Boolit Grand Master

I emailed again several days ago.....no response.
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla

I too have had no problems on the CMP board. And I am by no means one of their "good ol boys". Signed up no problem. It's a good forum for Garand and other military rifle owners.