Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried the carnivore diet?

Boolit Master

Has anyone tried the carnivore diet?

I guess this is the right place.

you might have heard some buzz about it, positive or negative. I tried it last summer for a few weeks, and started again now. basically you just eat unprocessed high fat meat, organs and eggs things of that nature. zero carbs or sugar.
    my meal plan now is,
    breakfast: 2 slices uncured bacon chopped fried, 4 scrambled free range eggs dumped in, bacon grease left in. multivitamin
    Lunch: 2 baked chicken quarters
    dinner: 1lb 70/30 beef
    fluid: I try for 80 oz water
    exercise: yes
    anything else: no

sources for nutritional data disagree by surprisingly large amounts, but I think that comes to 2,000 calories, 110g fat - 2x daily value,
    230g protein - 4x daily value. with about 2/3 calories coming from fat which is how the diet is supposed to work.

claims on the internet range all the way from it fixed all my problems and I lost weight, to you gonna die instantly you moron. so basically everything, im doing it more as an elimination diet to remove everything that could have some kind of chemical, allergy or negative reaction of some kind.

its kinda hard to do, with going completely off sugar and carbs, and just desiring the flavor of pretty much anything. you definitely lose weight, pretty much everyone agrees on that. for me that's not good im almost underweight, but im hoping I could offset that with excersize and gain muscle as I lose fat, but idk that part's a work in progress. but if someones goal was just weight loss, a month of it should take a good chunk off and if your taking vitamins I don't think you'll keel over, but some say you don't need it, atleast if your eating organs too cause there is cultures that eat only seal for example but they eat the whole thing. but as said its rather controversial
    Last edited by bmortell; 06-14-2019 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added

Boolit Grand Master

It worked very well for a friend until he had a kidney stone attack. The Doc blamed the diet. No clue if that was the case or not.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Banned
    I tried a very low (non existent) low carb diet that is about the same thing. I lost weigh pretty well but was admitted to Accident and Emergency with Atrial Fibrillation (A dicky ticker) which had been going on for several days. A bit of research suggested, and I haven't chased this up, that such a diet can cause this. More excitement that is generally desired. For various reasons the weight has gone back up but I am not discouraged and am trying the same diet again, less worried now that I'm on blood thinning tablets. A good point is that my blood sugar reading went down and are down again now I'm back on it. Important as I'm type 2 diabetic.

Seems like WAY more food than you need! Four eggs? Two chicken quarters? A POUND of ground beef? In one day?

A bit excessive, IMO.....

I'm trying to get my lazy self started on the Keto diet. Also high fat, medium protein, and very low carbs, but with lots of veggies too.

Boolit Master
    I prefer the seafood diet. I see food, I eat it. Works out ok for me.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master

Just remember, whatever diet plan you choose, you MUST eat fewer calories than you burn to lose weight.

I did keto with 1400 calories a day.
    Lost 17 pounds.
    It is still lost.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

I'm on two diets. One doesn't give me enough to eat!
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    I'm on two diets. One doesn't give me enough to eat!
    I LIKE that type of eating!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rondog View Post
    Seems like WAY more food than you need! Four eggs? Two chicken quarters? A POUND of ground beef? In one day?

A bit excessive, IMO....
    I did say im almost underweight to begin with, i was wanting to do it as an elimination diet not a weight diet. But even with as much as im eating i lost 5lbs in the last 3 days, i dont think i could eat enough to not lose weight im already feeling full 24/7 packed full of grease and fat. Idk if in theory maybe i would only lose a bit overall since i dont have much fat that i could lose, i doubt any of the 5lbs is muscle with the huge daily protien and some excersize. Might not be an experiment i can afford to run much longer

Boolit Master

You cannot articulate, cheat, change, master or claim that any one person prevented "dying" because they ate one less donut, burger, candy bar or smoked one less cigarette. The health industry, doctors, scientist and any other professional that claims he can back up his/her degree is only playing God when they say "this person lived because they took my advice". Folks, when your number is up, it's up. Don't question "why". Sorry to be so negative but if you look at the stats of how many "health and diet gurus" died young you'll understand.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Vendor Sponsor

Euell Gibbons one of the early health food nuts died at 64
    e always joked he died eating a hickory nut

I am on a relaxed keto diet (relaxed as in I only eat a small amount of carbs once a day don't count and don't keep up with it) have lost 40 lbs and feel much better
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica793 View Post
    I'm with you
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica793 View Post
    That's the one I'm on too I call it " See Food" !
    Life's too short to die miserable and hungry , it's just not in a Cajun's DNA to not eat well .
    Start with butter and make a roux....the dish just gets better from there .
    Whole Hog = Couchon de Lait ! Big party, all night long .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

tried this morning. Sausage bacon scrambled eggs onion and cheese mixed together with sausage gravy on it. I apologize for the cheese and onion

Boolit Master

When I got divorced from my first wife I lost 46 lbs. only had $8.00 a week to live on and lived in a tent for nearly a year.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Same as Atkins, Akito, etc,..low to no carb diet. You loose weight extremely fast and gain it all back when your off of it. The biggest issue is muscle loss even with exercise. Extremely unhealthy IMO.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-17-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Boolit Master

Fastest way to elevate uric acid (read: gout) with high-purine diet...

USMC 77, USRA 79

Everything in moderation diet works for me... when the mushrooms are out in the fall, I eat tons of them, but that lasts just a couple months.. when the salmon are running, I eat tons of that, again for a few months... right now, I am eating lots of bear meat... it won’t last either.. so I eat what is in season. Then it’s almost gone for the rest of the year, except for what I can or freeze. The berries last all summer into the fall, so they go with everything. Salmon berries, blue berries, blackberries, watermelon berries, cranberries... But the binges are seasonal. I wish there was a season for junk food around here.. I miss a greasy Big Mac once in a while.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    I was warned that a danger of very low or no-carb diets is that you can drive yourself into a state of keto-acidosis, because your body is running on only fats and proteins which is an inefficient process with ketones and acetone as the by-products. If your spouse says your breath smells like Juicy-Fruit gum, you're exhaling ketones and acetone. The only relief I'm aware of is to allow your body to burn enough complex carbs that less by-products are produced. I don't feel like I know enough to say whether they're good or bad for a given person or precisely why, but it's something my physician told me about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast