MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: 10mm cast boolits load?

Boolit Bub

10mm cast boolits load?

So I bought a new gun got a 1911 to elite 10mm and have loaded 10mm for my Glock and always used the 180 Hornady hap bullet usually use Longshot and 9gr of powder. I know better than to shoot cast in Glock but was curious if anybody had loaded some 180gr with cast and Longshot with some luck? I was looking for a reasonable power load to shoot in the 1911 with cast.

Boolit Master
    I have a Springfield Operator 1911 TRP, 6". I shoot the Lee 401-175-TC, sized .401, lubed with Carnauba Red. Starline case, WLP primer, 7.8 grains Hodgdon Longshot, 1.250 OAL. It has slight flattening of primers, cases look fine. I have not chronographed it yet. No leading.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks so did you go 1.250 for feeding? Or to stay off the rifling? Most of my books show 1.260 but didn't see any load data with Longshot and cast boolits.

Boolit Master
    1.250 kept the Lee just off the rifling. Longshot is my powder for lead and jacketed. Check out the 10mm forum.

My SR1911 likes 180gr Black Bullets TC .400 PC over 9.5gr Lonshot, 1.260" COAL. It prefers BlueDot by far.

Boolit Master
    I have three loads. All use the Lee 175gr TC with an OAL of 1.25", and all have been shot in a XDM-10 with a 4.5" barrel.

As always, work up your loads and play it safe.

5.4gr of Red Dot - 966 FPS - plinking load that's super light, but still cycles the gun

6.4gr of Bullseye - 1070 FPS (Max load) - moderate load, nice to shoot but has some power to it.

10.4gr Blue Dot - 1185 FPS (Max load) - Snappy, hard hitting, and flings brass two counties over.

Boolit Grand Master

Love me some blue dot with 180+gr boolits.

If you single load and weigh each charge, 800X is the king of 10mm. I have tried to outperform it and have failed every time. 180 gr to 220 gr it will yield the highest velocities with low extreme spreads. I currently load a 180 gr XTP with 10.2 grains of it and the performance is remarkable out of a 6" KKM barreled Glock 40 MOS. This same combo has launched 200 gr Montana GC bullets with 10gr of 800x to flatten deer where they stood. Use the above data at your own risk. I have never produced a Glock smile case with either load using the KKM barrel.
    Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
    "For every tree that does not bear fruit is thrown in to the fire"
    Mathew 7:19