Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lubing your Lee push through die

Boolit Master
    Last week I cast some 180 TL .311 from an NOE mold that left them pretty fat from quenched WW. Once I dried them in the sun I put some in my usual TL plastic tub and sprayed them with Pam and ran them through a Lee .311 sizer with no problem. Some I put through backwards with thin aluminum plain base GC. I put them in a clean plastic tub with some Dawn and hot tap water, swished them around to clean them, sun dried them again and then tumble lubed in 45-45-10. It sounds like a lot of steps, but the process went smoothly and produced the results I wanted. Just a bit of my retiree time, after all. Were I going to pan lube some Lyman Postel boolits after I ran them through my .460 Lee sizer I got from one of the fine souls here, I'd just do that rather than the final TL. I normally put the filled lube pan in the fridge for 20 minutes or so and push the boolits out from the bottom of the lube sheet. I clean the bases off with mineral spirits before I load them over a card wad atop the BP. GF

Boolit Master

I size clean cast bullets for pan or Tumble Lubing, by tumble lubing them in Dawn dish soap. Size then rinse in hot water in a strainer, dry in sun. Then lube by TL or Pan Lube. Depending on need.

And if you haunt fleabay you can find Lyman Lube Cutters.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

You could probably just use a Q Tip with a little Alox and swab the die every 5-10 bullets.
    buzzard`s gotta eat, same as the worms
    Josey Wales

Boolit Master
    To lube my LEE push through sizer die I push a lubed dauber into the die either from the top to start or up from the bottom which ever is required.
    The daubers I got a bag full from Tandy and from a local art supply store they a 4” stiff wire handle a loop on one end and the other end has the wire wrapped around a puffy ball of absorbent fibres which held the lube oil was using.

Boolit Master
    I always pan lube rifle bullets with Lee liquid Alox before I put them through the Lee push through sizer, then pan lube them again before use.
    Any Alox residue left in the sizer comes out with mineral sprits.

I push some gas checked bullets to 2,000fps + and never get leading problems

ukrifleman.

I don't use my Lee push trough sizers too often. When I do I do it the way Lee describes. I uube with LLA, a thin coat, just enough to tell if it's there. Push through the sizer.
    This works well for my uses. If at anytime I think there needs to be more lube I give them another thin coat after I size them.
    This has worked well for years in my hand guns and rifles. A lot of the time I shoot as cast, no sizing, just lube and load. This works well too.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    I give my cast bullets a shot of Ballistol, swirl them about in a butter tub for a bit, run thru the Lee Sizer, then tumble lube with LLA for smokeless, or pan lube for BP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12