Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for Glock 19 gen. 4

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar

Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for Glock 19 gen. 4

Hey folks. Anybody have experience with Advantage Arms .22 conversion kits for Glock? I've been wanting to get back into shooting .22 handguns, and already have a Glock 19 gen. 4. Being able to use an existing defensive pistol would be a big bonus, of course.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion unit that I bought for my wife's Glock 17 (an ancient Gen 1 gun that we've owned for years) and I've had good luck with it. It helped to give her a low recoil, low cost practice alternative when she started shooting the 9mm Glock. I tested a large number of different types of .22 HV ammunition in it with results varying from fair to terrible until I read their included instructions (always a last resort ... LOL). They recommended using any variation of the Remington "Golden Bullet" .22 ammo and sure enough when I tried them they functioned flawlessly and gave decent accuracy too. So if you do buy one I'd recommend that you start with the Remington GB ammo first and then test fire other types later to see if your conversion unit will function with other brands of .22 ammo. Overall (in my opinion) I'd give their conversion unit a "thumbs up" ...

PS: One of the spare magazines I bought for our conversion unit had a small piece of the plastic feed lip break out of the top and when I returned it to our Canadian distributor for warranty they replaced it immediately with no questions so their warranty program seems to be a good one too.
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Sounds good. Yeah, I noticed on their website that they advise the use of Golden Bullets and also Mini Mags.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one for a 26 that works decent with golden Bullets or cci standard velocity it does not like anything else including mini mags.

I gave up on it once I did the math and figured out that with the sub.02$ primers that I had stocked up and casting at 2.50 a pound I could load light 124gr 9mm for less than what .22 was going for at the time.

I have one that has always ran great. I shoot it mostly with a suppressor.

It’s very light and what I use when introducing new folks to pistol shooting because of the lack of recoil and muzzle blast.

Boolit Master

I have one and it works fine. Mine gets a steady diet of CCI Blazer unsuppressed and Standard velocity suppressed.

Sounds good. This or a Ruger Wrangler is going to be my next gun purchase.

Had one for a gen 3 19. They work good. Don't waste any $$ on the hi-cap mags for them, 15 rounds and up they jam or just won't feed. You can shoot the 10 rounders all day long with no problems!
    Spray the internals with gun scrubber after 50 rounds or so to keep it running and your good to go.