Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry is making LOADING GATE guns!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Lets be honest here...

The only use a lever action has is nostalgia. Much like a revolver, time has produced better designed firearms. Very few if any arguments can be made why a lever gun or revolver would be beneficial over a newer design gun.

So if I want a side ejecting lever I'll stick to my Marlin JMs. Otherwise give me all of them in top ejecting. Why? Because I feel much more authentic that way #outlawlife
    YEP!! You've got to be authentic if you're going to imitate "The Rifleman"

I'm gonna buy the 30-30 at some point... But I'm strapped. However, with my Henry in 44 mag, I win the occasional rifle comp against AR-15s and I can hit a 2' target at 400 yards...
    So a 30-30 Henry has to be awesome.
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Buddy
    I hear that!

Boolit Grand Master

The only use a lever action has is nostalgia. Much like a revolver, time has produced better designed firearms. Very few if any arguments can be made why a lever gun or revolver would be beneficial over a newer design gun.
    Yer kidding, right? My levergun is a light, handy rifle that holds 10 rounds (44 Mag.). Is handy, and fast (just as fast or slow as I want it to be). Do you only use your Marlin when you feel "Cowboy"?

I would guess there's about 4.783 bizillion shooters that will disagree with you...
    Last edited by mdi; 06-13-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Yer kidding, right? My levergun is a light, handy rifle that holds 10 rounds (44 Mag.). Is handy, and fast (just as fast or slow as I want it to be). Do you only use your Marlin when you feel "Cowboy"?

I would guess there's about 4.783 bizillion shooters that will disagree with you...
    Ner, not kidding. Just about any other option currently would 9 times out of 10 be a better choice than a lever action. You saying that the pros to a lever action being "light and handy" doesn't hold much water. A $450 AR15 would do a better job in every situation.

By your logic why doesn't the US military use lever actions? I mean they are light and handy.

Banned

I see no warts on lever actions
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    By your logic we should all eat what the military eats, wear what the military wears, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008532dfa3752eb6c1b5e5adf8855a9e.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	243511

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I see no warts on lever actions
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    By your logic we should all eat what the military eats, wear what the military wears, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008532dfa3752eb6c1b5e5adf8855a9e.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	243511
    It's not opinions, it's facts. This is equivalent to going to a CB radio forum and saying that cell phones are a better method of conducting communications with people only to have them say "You are entitled to your opinion. By your logic we should all use what the current world uses for communication." It isn't an opinion, it's facts.

Do I love lever guns? Heck yes! Along with Sharps and Spencer carbines, trap doors, and rolling blocks. Would I use them if the country was overrun by aliens? No. Would I rather have a lever action over an AR15 for plinking and just enjoying? Heck yes! Do I like single action army revolvers more than Glocks? Heck yes! Would I rather carry a SAA over a Glock for concealed carry? No. Is it an opinion that a SAA has disadvantages over a Glock for concealed carry? No, it is facts.

Don't let your feelings get in the way of logic.

Banned

This is a thread about a particular lever action rifle.
    Why clog-up the thread with AR talk???

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    This is a thread about a particular lever action rifle.
    So stop replying off topic.

Boolit Grand Master

A cheap, imported, AR15... better in every situation. There is an oxymoron if I've ever seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    A cheap, imported, AR15... better in every situation. There is an oxymoron if I've ever seen one.
    Who is importing AR15s? Why are you guys so upset and continuing this?

Boolit Master

I'm sure aftermarket will make them only a loading gate gun. Give it time...This is big news.
    I hope so. It shouldn't take much. I'd prefer not to have the extra weight of the second sleeve of steel inside the tube.

While we're at it could we correct the error Mr. King and Winchester initiated with the 1866 and put the loading gate on the LEFT side of the receiver, so you can feed the gun while it's still in your shoulder?
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Grand Master

If I were to design a loading gate lever action, I would put the loading port on the bottom, a large opening a man can fit a thumb into, and the lifter would stay up until cycled.

Boolit Man
    My lever guns are a heck of a lot more dependable than any auto loader I have ever owned. That includes a few ARs

I think I will have to have one of those 35 Rem with the loading gate
    A bumble bee is considerable faster than a John Deere tractor

It's not opinions, it's facts. This is equivalent to going to a CB radio forum and saying that cell phones are a better method of conducting communications with people only to have them say "You are entitled to your opinion. By your logic we should all use what the current world uses for communication." It isn't an opinion, it's facts.

Do I love lever guns? Heck yes! Along with Sharps and Spencer carbines, trap doors, and rolling blocks. Would I use them if the country was overrun by aliens? No. Would I rather have a lever action over an AR15 for plinking and just enjoying? Heck yes! Do I like single action army revolvers more than Glocks? Heck yes! Would I rather carry a SAA over a Glock for concealed carry? No. Is it an opinion that a SAA has disadvantages over a Glock for concealed carry? No, it is facts.

Don't let your feelings get in the way of logic.
    I love my AR, and for most cases I agree but I don't see it doing things that a warmed over 38-55 or 45-70 can do. If I'm scouting my favorite spots in the National Forest where I may come face to face with a hog, yeah I'm taking the AR or the SKS. SKS with a handloaded 123gr SST j-word is no joke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12