Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers Needed.

Last I heard he was sitting up in bed, eating a popsicle. Still waiting for definitive cause, treatment.

But I believe the prayers are working.

Moderator Emeritus

Father, Please be with James, his parents, and his grandparents as he is treated for the seizure he suffered. Father, please guide the medical team that will treat him. Please take any fears away and allow them rest and recover. Father, You are the great healer and I am praying that You will hold this family in Your loving hands.....AMEN

Bill please keep us posted on James' progress......Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

USMC 77, USRA 79

Prayers sent
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

Boolit Buddy
    I join everyone on this forum in saying prayers for James and his family!

Prayers up for sure, and love the good news! Continued prayers for more good news.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Prayers offered for James, Dear Heavenly Father. Febrile seizures in children are often Viral or Bacterial in origin, however they usually don't last longer than 10 ~ 15 minutes.

Fever broke, eating a Popsicle. That is good news. Prayers continue.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Prayers for James...Lord please ease his burden

Still in South Texas---about 100 miles north of Laredo.
    Bill, prayers for the grandson---he is on our prayer list. Let God do the fighting, all will be well. Your soap making buddy,
    Pete

God is good.

Good news, he is back home tonight.

Bad News, he has lession on brain, most likely will have to be treated for epilepsy for the rest of his life.
    Probably won't ever have a drivers licence.

But, as the Lord told me when I was praying, "he will walk, talk and be able to go fishing with you"

And it looks like he is correct.

Thank you for all the prayers. He is going to have a long road ahead of him as they try different meds to find out what will work, what has too many side effects, etc. And his parents are about to find out how easy they have had it up till now.

So any continued prayers for his good health, for his parents being able to find a way to deal with all this. Emotionally, financially, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid they are going to have a rough road for a while.

Copied from James's fathers facebook post.

"First and foremost I want to thank ALL of you who for keeping James in your thoughts and prayers, they were needed and very much felt.
    Also I wanna give a disclaimer, not everything in this statement is 100% accurate or definitive, I am simply telling this from the point of view from the extremely stressed mind of a father. Also hopefully this will give some information for those who have kids who may have similar symptoms.

When Katie Futrelle was pregnant with James we also found out he had a twin, early in the pregnancy Katie was diagnosed "Factor 5", we had lost pregnancies before James, doctors determined she was having blood clots. She was prescribed lovenox to stop the clots from happening, and throughout the pregnancy she had to take a shot every single day.
    Fast forward 9 months, James is born as happy and healthy as a baby could be, as he started to grow we noticed how small his body was and how large his head was, this drew some concern bet Katie and myself. A few dozen doctor visits later, nobody can really tell us anything. So the years went by and we dealt with the ups and downs of life. There were times through the years James would vomit in his sleep and not wake up from them. Hes always seemed to have bloody noses, we and the doctors chalked the vomit up to a viral issue and the bloody noses to weather changes and allergies.

Sunday, June 9th 2019, we got a call from my mom, Conni Futrelle,around 6:45 am, she made it clear from the start that James was fine and that he had a seizure around 3am that morning. About 20 minutes later I received a call from a doctor and she informed us of what had happened and said James' seizure lasted around 30 minutes. My mom had awoke to the sounds of James seizing and by that point James had already vomited and I believe released what ever was in his body, the call to 911 was made and finally connected after about the 4th try, at this point James had bit, as hard as his body would allow, into his tongue he also began to foam (not sure if that's accurate) at the mouth, 25 to 30 minutes later EMS showed up, worked on him for what I assume was 10 to 15 minutes before the decision was made to transport him to Onslow, his siezure continued until they reach the hospital, where his fever spiked at 105. They injected him 3 or 4 times with a seizure reversal medicine but quickly had to reverse those affects or he would overdose.

James was flighted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville later Sunday morning. During this time Katie and myself are in full panic and scrambling on how to get to our baby that's over 1200 miles away. The information I originally heard was that James was unresponsive, this would had been around 7am that morning, so the ultimate fear set upon us. When we got to James later that night he was asleep, the next day we got an inconclusive EEG reading and then later an MRI.

This morning we got the results from the MRI, James' left temporal lobe is swollen from the seizure as expected, but in that is where the monster lives. But there is also a mark on the left frontal lobe that came from a blood clot due to the Factor 5 pregnancy and also probably what cause his twin to not make the extent of the pregnancy. After 7 years of questions and gut feelings we finally got answers, James has MTS Epilepsy, which is the name of the monter in his temporal lobe. And all those times of him throwing up in the middle of the night and sleeping through it are now chalked up to him have seizures and none of us benign none the wiser. His bloody noses are from a constant sinus infection, both of these diagnosis will have to be medicated for the rest of his life. Again our entire family is so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers and the offered help from family and friends, we really found out that there is so much light in seemingly dark places. Katie and myself are extremely blessed and so thankful that all of our questions have answers to them.

Symptoms James had that nobody could have picked up on were seemingly irrational fears, easily over stimulated, random complaints of headaches."

So now at least we have an idea of what we are dealing with. This young man is going to have a long hard row to hoe.
    As such all prayers and positive thoughts will be very much appreciated.

Boolit Master

Beautiful picture; James is in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Beautiful picture; James is in my prayers.
    Yes. So good to see. In prayer also.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

in Remebrance
    Praying daily. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Buddy

Praying.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    I'm really glad they have diagnosed his problems . Now treatment can be given . Praying for his situation to improve through treatment !
    Last edited by Boaz; 06-12-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I believe in miracles and think God still does them. Guys join us praying for the Lord to heal this child.
    Jesus we are asking you to James.this innocent child needs your touch to heal him and we are asking you to touch him.
    In Jesus name we pray
    Amen

Thanks for the update. Kind of relieved that they were able to diagnose the problem and good that he's home. I'm praying.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast