Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: My Experience with Dram Worx

Boolit Master

My Experience with Dram Worx

Gentlemen:
    I saw a thread on one of the forums here on Cast Boolits about the the powder replacement hoppers Dram Worx was making and, upon looking at their web site found that he was making one for the Perfect powder measure.

now I don't own a Perfect powder measure but I do own 5 or 6 Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure and one of the down sides is the very small hoppers on them!

After some thought I sent Ward an E mail asking if the hoppers he made for the "Perfect" measure would also fit the Pro Auto Disk as they used the same hopper.

I sent the E mail, not expecting an answer for a few days and I included my cell number in case he preferred talking to typing.

An hour and a half later I was surprised to get a call from Ward! Tuns out he saw the 909 area code and deduced I lived in Pomona, sure enough he was right and pleasantly enough he lives 5 minutes away in San Dimas!

The upshot of the phone call is Ward had never worked with a Pro Auto Disk so was't sure if modification's would be needed or not but since my job was also in Pomona and he was planning to drive by, to and from Fullerton, if i'd loan him a hopper and base from one of my Pro Auto Disk's he'd swing by my work place about Noon the next day and see what he could do about making one of his hopper's work!

Can't ask for more than that!

Next day he did as promised and set to work.

I really didn't expect to hear from Ward for at least a couple weeks but lo and behold the next Thursday he called and said he had the new hopper ready and he'd DELIVER IT the next day if I had time to meet with him.

Heck Ya!

I now have a 9 inch hopper on one of my Pro Auto Disk Powder Measure instead of the "stock" 4 inches, it was much better secured to the base then the original, it was a bit flimsy, and the only possible down side to the new hopper, and I was advised of this at the start, was the on off option was not on the new hopper.

Since I really didn't care for it any way, because of powder leakage, it is on missed by me but others might.

Ward did take this into consideration and when he delivered the new hopper he mentioned he was working on a hopper that would retain the on off twist powder flow system and, as soon as he got one together he'd drop it by my work for my feed back on it!

My new hopper is complete with lid, metal base adapter and powder baffle! The material of the new hopper can be written on and, better yet, can have the felt pen writing erased with an alchol wipe with no damage to the hopper material!

Ward did warn me that I should not leave any powder in the hopper and, when done loading I should remove any powder from the measure and put it back in it's original container, which is good advice and something I have always done as well as always labeling the measure as to what type of powder was in it in case, God forbid, something came up that required I leave fast!

All in all I think Dram Worx hopper worth the $45.00 asking price, which I gladly paid and I look forward to his on off powder option!

Thanks for reading:
    heavyMetal

Boolit Mold
    Ward just completed 2 hoppers for my Ohaus duo measure. must say Great job. Planing to do 2 Lachmillers . he does a perfect job .the price is reasonable for the product delivered

Boolit Master

Those look great. Thanks for posting.

Boolit Bub
    I seen the same the same thread. I thought I would see if he could make one for an old Hollywood measure I had picked up. After a couple emails and a few measurements I got a new hopper for it that fits amazing. Excellent customer service. Definitely worth the $45 to me.