Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A petition to President Trump, DO NOT BAN SUPPRESSORS

Boolit Master

A petition to President Trump, DO NOT BAN SUPPRESSORS

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...an-suppressors

President Trump, DO NOT BAN SUPPRESSORS
    Created by T.K. on June 05, 2019

Firearm Suppressors are an important health device which slightly lower the sound report of a firearm to save the shooter from hearing damage. Suppressors are used across the board for new shooters, experienced hunters, police and military.

Sound suppressors are not evil nor are they extra deadly. In fact firearm suppressors, sometimes incorrectly referred to as "silencers", are almost never used in crime. With over 1.3 million sound suppression devices legally owned in the United States, on average only 40 crimes per year are committed with these devices.

Firearm Suppressors are not like in the movies. Firearm Suppressors do not silence. Accessories are Arms, and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed!

----------------------------------------------------
    Folks,

I signed that petition & urge all of you to do so well.

Here is the link again.

You must verify your email address to have your signature to the petition be recognized as legitimate. It is a simple as clicking on the link when you get the email asking for your confirmation of signing the permission.

As of this topic posting there are 10,585 that have signed, & confirmed. The petition needs 89,415 signatures by July 5, 2019. ( The day after our Independence Day, on July 4th, 2019.)

What a fitting time to have the President be notified that there are many folks who do not want to see suppressors banned, or restricted even more. Those sort of things are "infringements", and "We, the People", sometimes need to remind the folks in Washington what we want.

This petition is just one way to let them know.

Once again I urge you to sign & confirm your signature,

Please click & sign. It takes maybe a minute, at the most 2 if the internet is slow at the time.

----------------

Folks, please read the below request to the Mods, & keep any political comments out of this topic so it is not relegated to the "Pit".. It will make it easier to be seen by the other members, and will help to get the word out to Support this Pro 2A effort!

Thanks!

Moderators,

I put this in this petition topic in the Our Town forum to try to get it seen by as many folks as possibly here at CB.GL forum, rather than in the "Pit" where it may not be seen be folks who do not look at topics & posts there. I felt it was important to be seen by this community. I hope you will think the same & leave it in the Our Town forum. Or, if moving is a necessity, perhaps to a forum where it will still be seen by the members here.

If someone takes a "political bent" in the topic, please edit/remove the posts of the one who makes this a political issue, rather than a 2A Supporting issue.

Thanks!, if that can be done.

JB

ETA: A Thanks! should go to the CB.GL forum member, oftig, who was how I found out about this petition.
    Last edited by JBinMN; 06-10-2019 at 07:24 AM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Current update 2:26 PM (14:26) , Sat. June 2019.

11,031 signed & confirmed,

88,969 to go!

Please take the minute or so to advance the petition to the White House to help show our support!

2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Master

Done!
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Me too! Ed

Done

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Banned
    FWIW, in the UK, one of the most heavily regulated countries in the world when it comes to ownership of firearms, the possession of sound moderators, silencers if you prefer, are almost routine here among firearms owners. If we aren't too bothered about them I can't see why a country where, by comparison, you can have pretty much anything ought be bothered about them at all.

Boolit Master
    Done 20 seconds on I pad with slow DSL.

Boolit Buddy

+1 more
    Stronger, Prouder and Greater!

Boolit Buddy
    Signed, sealed,delivered.

Boolit Master
    Thanks to all who have taken the time to go sign & get confirmation!

I see that there are close to 200 views so far.

I hope most of those folks who took the time to look, also took the small amount of time it would take to sign the petition & get their email confirmed.

It is just a small gesture to do something to show support for the 2nd Amendment & our US Constitution.

Each one of those signatures & confirmations help reach the goal.

Perhaps, if you also have the time.. Please take the time to contact & share the link with others you know.

That also will help us all out even more.

Just copy & paste the link to them & ask for them to support. It is really easy to do.

I will post the link to the petition here once again for folks to use it to help spread the word to other Americans.

Thanks again, and if anyone would like some help in passing on the link, like a "form letter" to send with it, or something like that, just ask.

I will certainly do my best to help out & I am sure there are others who would do the same, just like the ones who have posted here in this topic already about their signing & confirmation.
    Last edited by JBinMN; 06-10-2019 at 07:25 AM.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master
    Signed and confirmed even though I own zero suppressors. I aspire to own one in the future and do not want to infringe on the rights of others who already enjoy them.

Boolit Master
    I signed it earlier today. I don't have a suppressor, doubt I ever will considering most of my shooting is low velocity and black powder. However I support this cause.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

Boolit Buddy
    Did and Done.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Done.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. " --(Thomas Jefferson)

"Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug pusher an unlicensed pharmacist."

When you put Political Correctness ahead of justice, you get no justice.
    Mark Fuhrman

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Did it too.

I've considered starting a petition on there about ordering the FBI to split the FBI UCR question on whether the victim & attacker knew each other or not in two - split it into "Was this a criminal shooting another criminal? If no, did the victim know the attacker?" That question misleads and is misused by Antis, as most LEOs will figure they knew each other in criminal-related shootings, and those get thrown into the same category as "Did your neighbor shoot your other neighbor" category, and then misused by Antis to imply that we shoot each other often. Nope, criminals do though...

I liked the "repeal the NFA" petition as well, what part of "infringe" is unclear?

Boolit Master

Done.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    Signed, thank you for posting this!

Done!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Signed and confirmed even though I own zero suppressors. I aspire to own one in the future and do not want to infringe on the rights of others who already enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by LynC2 View Post
    I signed it earlier today. I don't have a suppressor, doubt I ever will considering most of my shooting is low velocity and black powder. However I support this cause.
    I do not own any Suppressors either. I just want to make at least a little attempt like signing this petition to do "something" before the ATF does "something" to take them away. I don't like, "infringements" of any kind to the 2A.

I think if folks can get "the ear of the President", by at least trying this petition, it is better than not doing a thing & then complaining later.

Thanks to all who have signed & confirmed~!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Did it too.

I've considered starting a petition on there about ordering the FBI to split the FBI UCR question on whether the victim & attacker knew each other or not in two - split it into "Was this a criminal shooting another criminal? If no, did the victim know the attacker?" That question misleads and is misused by Antis, as most LEOs will figure they knew each other in criminal-related shootings, and those get thrown into the same category as "Did your neighbor shoot your other neighbor" category, and then misused by Antis to imply that we shoot each other often. Nope, criminals do though...

I liked the "repeal the NFA" petition as well, what part of "infringe" is unclear?
    I liked that one to & also signed it. 303,092 sign & only 100k was needed to get it seen.

It was just after the "transition" between the two Prez Admins & the inauguration. Possibly, it may have been "shuffled" into the wrong pile on someones desk, so we have seen no action yet. Congress has to do their part to change that NFA Act. so while that petition to Repeal the NFA may have made it all the way to the Presidents desk. It also may not have been prioritized like the folks who signed it would like, but perhaps it may get moved up in the lineup after some other things have been accomplished.

With this particular petition about the Suppressors, I think we are attempting to get it known to the President that as we come into a new presidential election cycle, there are a lot of us that want to stop such infringements & he ought to pay attention to us.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast