WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Model 94 Sights

Boolit Bub

Model 94 Sights

I have a 94 win that shoots low with my cast bullet loads. The rear sight is up all the way and still low at 50 yds. Groups are ok but just too low. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has this problem

Thanks Mike

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tmag97 View Post
    I have a 94 win that shoots low with my cast bullet loads. The rear sight is up all the way and still low at 50 yds. Groups are ok but just too low. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has this problem

Thanks Mike
    What is your load? Does it shoot J bullets to point of aim? Are the sights original to the gun? I've had that issue, but using the formula on marble's website I found that either the sights were changed, or were sent out with the wrong combination. I'm certain someone will chime in about bullet weight and velocity.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

If you have a Win 94 that is drilled and tapped for a Lyman/Williams sight just put one of those on and enjoy the gun. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/19...aluminum-black
    Now you can develop a load for cast and jacketed.

Boolit Bub
    Original sights. 311291 Lyman with 12 grains unique. Shoots J bullets to point of impact
    Thanks again

Boolit Bub
    My rifle has the holes on the side. Do you have to change the front sight?
    Thanks

No you can use the same front sight to use a receiver sight but you'll need to remove the rear sight and install a filler blank in the slot.

If you change to a shorter front sight you might find a happy spot where you can have full power ammo hit a couple in he's high with the rear sight all the way down, but have poi with your cast reloads with the sight all the way up. Marbles front sights are only 20 bucks, not bad at all.

Boolit Master

I bought a Winchester Trapper 94 when they came out in 1981. I put a Williams Fool Proof Reciever sight on it. Then I had to get the Highest Front Sight made to replace the bbl mounted front sight.
    With the Reciever Sight screwed all the way down it hits dead on at 100yrds with the Winchester 170gr SilverTip. It shoots 2 inches high at 50yrds.

With the Lyman #31141 cast of straight Linotype over IMR3031 it still shoots a bit high at 100yrds. But in CA I'll never get the change to try it again.

With an old style Top Eject 94 you'll have to change the front sight. Go to which ever Manufacturers Websites you prefer to get your Reciever Sight from. If you can't figure out the chart about sight heights, send them an Email. They should be able to tell you what height you'll need.

I prefer the Williams Fool Proof Reciever sight myself.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Bub
    Looks like I’ll order the Williams fool proof tomorrow
    Thanks for the great help