Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My local barbershop

Boolit Master

I haven't been to a barber shop in years. I kind of miss it, but not today's prices! My wife cuts my hair. She just replaced the clippers for less than $30-the old ones got dropped. We figure the money saved on my haircuts supports her hair dresser. LOL
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    I get my haircut at the most exclusive barbershop in town, and get great service. My daughter's house. I get a free haircut and get to spend some time with the grandkids. I also get lots of hugs and kisses from them.

Moderator Emeritus

Told my kids gonna let my hair and beard grow till they come out to visit Woman I am dating does all that stuff. Been together four months and still haven't asked her to cut it. Our joke is that I'm starting to look like Moses

Boolit Master
    We have the "sportsman's barber shop" here with wall mounts and hunting magazines. The barber is retired and there are now two girls giving the hair cuts, male hair cut only and Im pretty sure that either of the girls there would not care if one where concealed carrying but I'm definitely not going to show them my gun. Lol

Hair free since '03- but I fondly remember the barbershop experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I have a handful of barbershops within a few miles but don’t go to any of them. Instead I drive 30 miles to go to an old school one in another town. It’s got the atmosphere, gun talk, and straight razor shave on the back of the neck- with hot lather of course. And my barber is a woman. It sounds like she wouldn’t fit in, but she does.

My ex would seriously accuse me of having an affair since I drove so far to go to a female barber. She just couldn’t grasp the importance and novelty of an old school barbershop.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mica_Hiebert View Post
    We have the "sportsman's barber shop" here with wall mounts and hunting magazines. The barber is retired and there are now two girls giving the hair cuts, male hair cut only and Im pretty sure that either of the girls there would not care if one where concealed carrying but I'm definitely not going to show them my gun. Lol

I know your Sheriff, he wouldn’t mind
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Master
    $9 for a haircut for "seniors" isn't bad at all. I see it more as a finder's fee......

My regular barber there quit for a while, but his wife suddenly passed away and get couldn't stand being home alone all day, so came back. There were two busty good looking blondes there when I started going, but I didn't like the way they cut my hair, so now I just wait for my regular barber.

And the blondes went elsewhere.......bye bye eye candy.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned

It's been years but I remember Kalispell being a nice place. It would almost be worth a road trip up there just to get a hair cut.

The barber shop that cut my hair as a kid was kind of like that, all men and did have the barbers eight or nine pound largemouth on the wall. I went off to college and then the Army, but went back there when my oldest son got his first hair cut at about ten months of age and had Mr. Jimmy cut it, we even videoed it. He was getting old then, and it's been 25 years now. My folks moved out of there and I haven't been back to that town in almost as long.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    It's been years but I remember Kalispell being a nice place. It would almost be worth a road trip up there just to get a hair cut.

The barber shop that cut my hair as a kid was kind of like that, all men and did have the barbers eight or nine pound largemouth on the wall. I went off to college and then the Army, but went back there when my oldest son got his first hair cut at about ten months of age and had Mr. Jimmy cut it, we even videoed it. He was getting old then, and it's been 25 years now. My folks moved out of there and I haven't been back to that town in almost as long.
    It's changed a lot over the years. It's twice as big as when I moved here. It's been "discovered", and land prices have gone insane.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I went into James Wood's barber shop in Kalispell to get a haircut this morning.

James said to the customer he's working on, I have something to show you.

He pulled up his shirt, and pulled out a new Sig Sauer he had just got. The customer then pulled up his shirt, showing a Glock. James asked me if I was packing, so I pulled my vest aside to show my Colt.

About that time another customer walked in, and was immediately informed he had to be armed to come in. Pulled up his shirt, another Colt.

Great place to get a haircut. One man, one chair shop, that runs on Indian time. If he happens to be there, he may open the door and you might get a haircut.

Two fat old dogs lazing under the window on a rug. One gets up occasionally to get a dog biscuit from a pile on a chair across the shop, goes back to the rug and takes his time eating it. Neither dog ever tries to snatch the biscuit from the other, they know there are more where that came from.

Old stuffed deer heads on the walls, perforated targets, clippings from gun magazines, hunting photos of local big game taken by friends, family, and himself. A table overflowing with old outdoor magazines, a "William Tell'd" pair of arrows leaning on the wall.

100% of staff and clientele armed, no one shot or killed.

This is my kind of barber shop.
    good barbers are hard to find
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Reminds me of the barber shop I went to growing up.No one carried,BUT,behind each barber,WW2 vets all,were gun racks.There was:
    1 M1 carbine
    1 M2 carbine
    2 M1 Garands complete with the bayonets with NO sheaths.
    Never any trouble there.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    I enjoyed getting the back of my neck shaved, but I think I might have balked if they started stropping one of those bayonets.

Boolit Grand Master

Darn and I had to make and appointment last week for the Hair Dresser? Our barber dies 5 years ago last one in the county!

Boolit Master
    Hi Rick.Yep.That would have been interesting.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12