WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." HEBREWS 13:5
    What line of thinking do my thoughts take? Do I turn to what God says or to my own fears? Am I simply repeating what God says, or am I learning to truly hear Him and then to respond after I have heard what He says? “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’ So we may boldly say: ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?’ ” (Hebrews 13:5-6).
    “I will never leave you…”— not for any reason; not my sin, selfishness, stubbornness, nor waywardness. Have I really let God say to me that He will never leave me? If I have not truly heard this assurance of God, then let me listen again.
    “I will never…forsake you.” Sometimes it is not the difficulty of life but the drudgery of it that makes me think God will forsake me. When there is no major difficulty to overcome, no vision from God, nothing wonderful or beautiful— just the everyday activities of life— do I hear God’s assurance even in these?
    We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing— that He is preparing and equipping us for some extraordinary work in the future. But as we grow in His grace we find that God is glorifying Himself here and now, at this very moment. If we have God’s assurance behind us, the most amazing strength becomes ours, and we learn to sing, glorifying Him even in the ordinary days and ways of life.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Boy howdy, amen!

"...just the everyday activities of life— do I hear God’s assurance even in these?"
    This is God's daily blessing that I am most grateful for.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

in Remebrance
    Amen!! my brother. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Grand Master
    As I get older, I appreciate the everyday activities of life. Maybe I am boring person, or easy to please...but most times it is enough. Sitting on the porch having coffee in the mornings...visiting with neighbors...a campfire and looking into the heavens....I am good with that.

God is everywhere. His hand touches it all. Whether the special birth of a grandchild, or the everyday song of the birds in the morning. He was, is, and shall be. We will know no greater love than His. Once a person accepts that, life becomes easier and, at least for me, stops sweating the small stuff life throws at us.
    Don Verna