MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comprehensive Load Data Manual

Comprehensive Load Data Manual

I have been compiling load data for some time. My goal is to eventually have load data from most major sources for most reasonably popular calibers. I have started with pistol data and will progress to rifle data; shotgun data will not be covered. Once the calibers i have deemed "required" are completed i will go back and fill in the more niche calibers.

While I eventually will combine all the calibers into a manual format, I thought i could publish as I go. This way the completed data is useful while I am still doing data entry on my "required" calibers.

The following is my foreword to the manual, READ PLEASE:

"Load data in this manual has been sourced primarily from powder, bullet and reloading manufacturer's published data, more than a dozen in total. Exceptions are denoted as unverified loads. Unverified loads have been sourced from online reloading sites generally regarded as reputable. These loads may have been pulled directly from manuals, or could have been personal load data. Since there is no way to tell, caution should be used with these loads.

Load data is separated by bullet weight, bullet type, and cartridge overall length (COL). When multiple sources list a load, preference is given to manufacturer's data (unverified data is ignored). If two manufacturers list a load (same bullet weight, bullet type, and COL), the higher charge weight is given as maximum. This may mean the maximum charge has a lower listed velocity, this is not a typo, it just means the minumum and maximum loads were from different sources (with potentially different powder lots).When two unverified sources list a load, the lesser charge weight is given as maximum.

Regardless of the source, users agree to use load data at there own risk. Reloading has inherent risks, and no load data (including from this manual) should be used without verifying a load with multiple sources. Always work up loads from the starting weight. It is a lazy and unproductive exercise to reload a charge without proper load development.

Permission to reproduce this manual is given with the following condition: Reproduction for profit is prohibited. All data in this manual is to be kept available free of charge.

NOTES: 1) Hodgdon's "Clay Series" of powders are referred to as Clays, Universal, and International to avoid confusion. 2) Lovex powder designations have been listed, but this data can also be used for equivalent Shooter's World powders."

T_McD
    Last edited by T_McD; 06-03-2019 at 01:16 AM.

This post will be the most recent edition of the manual when published. (since it ain't done, there is no attachment.)

Pistol Data

.25 ACP-----------

.32 ACP-----------

32 H&R------------

327 Mag-----------

380 ACP-----------

9mm---------------

38 Special---------

357 Mag-----------

40 S&W----------- Up Next
    Last edited by T_McD; 10-02-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Rifle Data
    Last edited by T_McD; 06-03-2019 at 01:15 AM.

How does one post a PDF attachment?
    Last edited by T_McD; 06-03-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Boolit Master

You use a file hosting website then post the link.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    There are two ways that I know of for uploading a PDF directly from your computer.

Option 1 - simple and fast
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the top of the reply box is an icon of a picture. Clicking it will allow you to browse and attach files from your PC. Even know it says it's for pictures, it will also upload PDFs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	242945

Make sure you have the "From Computer" tab selected, not the "From URL" tab. The URL tab is the default tab whenever you open that window, so you will have to select the one for uploading from your computer. Once you select the file you want, click "Upload Files" and you're done.

Name:	6.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	242944

Skeeter Skelton - My Friend the 357.pdf

Option 2 - A little more complicated, but useful for posting and managing numerous attachments at once.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you click "Go Advanced" on the quick reply box, it will open up an expanded reply box with a number of additional options. One of them being for attachments (the paperclip)

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	242938

Name:	2.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	242939

Clicking it will open a new window that has options for any attachments you would like to upload. Clicking "Add Files" will will allow you to browse and add files, including PDFs. Once your file(s) are chosen, click "upload".

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	242942

Once it uploads (depending on the file size and your internet speed, it might take awhile), it should automatically be "checked". If not, check it and click "Insert Inline" if you want to have the file somewhere in the middle of your post, and click "done". Alternatively, you can just click "Done" without inserting the file into your post. This will cause it to appear at the end of your post as an attachment.

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	242943

I hope this helps.

Boolit Master
    Might I suggest that as long as you are building this database that it would be worthwhile to capture and provide the source of of the data. It really helps both with data verification and determining the age of the information.

Quote Originally Posted by am44mag View Post
    There are two ways that I know of for uploading a PDF directly from your computer.

Option 1 - simple and fast
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the top of the reply box is an icon of a picture. Clicking it will allow you to browse and attach files from your PC. Even know it says it's for pictures, it will also upload PDFs.

Name:	5.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	242945

Make sure you have the "From Computer" tab selected, not the "From URL" tab. The URL tab is the default tab whenever you open that window, so you will have to select the one for uploading from your computer. Once you select the file you want, click "Upload Files" and you're done.

Name:	6.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	242944

Option 2 - A little more complicated, but useful for posting and managing numerous attachments at once.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you click "Go Advanced" on the quick reply box, it will open up an expanded reply box with a number of additional options. One of them being for attachments (the paperclip)

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	242938

Name:	2.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	242939

Clicking it will open a new window that has options for any attachments you would like to upload. Clicking "Add Files" will will allow you to browse and add files, including PDFs. Once your file(s) are chosen, click "upload".

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	242942

Once it uploads (depending on the file size and your internet speed, it might take awhile), it should automatically be "checked". If not, check it and click "Insert Inline" if you want to have the file somewhere in the middle of your post, and click "done". Alternatively, you can just click "Done" without inserting the file into your post. This will cause it to appear at the end of your post as an attachment.

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	242943

I hope this helps.
    Interesting, I tried exactly that on my Mac and it will only allow picture file types. Did in on a Windows machine and it worked fine. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Might I suggest that as long as you are building this database that it would be worthwhile to capture and provide the source of of the data. It really helps both with data verification and determining the age of the information.
    Adding any more info cluttered up my formatting and made data entry even more onerous. If one cares to, it is a relatively simple matter to determine the source.

Banned
    Impressive endeavor. Curious why you didn't include data out of the Lyman Cast bullet manual #4

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by T_McD View Post
    Interesting, I tried exactly that on my Mac and it will only allow picture file types. Did in on a Windows machine and it worked fine. Thank you.
    "PDF" files are actually considered image files in some cases, but it has to give that extension as an option.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Conditor22

What caliber is missing it? Unfortunately I have come across new manuals after completing some of the calibers.

Looking at 38 special, don't see Lee 105gr cast bullets or other bullets that came from Lyman manual.

Banned
    looking at 9MM no 102 gr page 247 lyman cast #4

38 special, don't see Lee 105gr cast bullets page 254 lyman cast #4

Rifle Data
    Don't forget the milsurp calibers that are pretty popular. 8mm Mauser and 303 British come to mind first but there are several others. 30-06 and .308 are two more. There are also the "tough" to load for with lead. AR in .223 and 7.62 x 39 Russian in the SKS or AK is another. I think my Lyman #4 Cast bullet manual just says of the .223 probably won't work in an auto loader. But it does With a Powder Coated bullet and a good load of Varget.

There is information on load data for some of those scattered around but not usually all that abundant in any one manual. Oh check out the load data from ADI. They have some weights that are less common. It was my source for heavy 303 British load data. ADI is a source manufacturer for many powders sold under other brands here in the US.
    One has to use the powder equivalency chart to convert their load data from the Australian brand name to the US brand name.

Look up loads here
    http://www.adi-powders.com.au/rifle/

Cross reference to US brand here
    http://www.adi-powders.com.au/powder-equivalents/

So the 215 grain 303 has loads for AR2208 and AR2209
    http://www.adi-powders.com.au/rifle/303-british/

Powder equivalents lists:
    AR2208 Varget IMR4064 AA2520
    AR2209 H414/ H4350 IMR4350 W760 Tu 7000 N204 AA4350 N150 / N550

Might be a resource for the weight/calibers you can't find elsewhere. I called Alliant on the load data I got from ADI web site and they were using the ADI manual to look it up to confirm their own powder load data.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Quote Originally Posted by Conditor22 View Post
    looking at 9MM no 102 gr page 247 lyman cast #4

38 special, don't see Lee 105gr cast bullets page 254 lyman cast #4
    Grrr... Thanks I guess

I will go ahead and double check the Lyman Cast data for the calibers I have completed so far. I’m not really surprised I missed some, I only had #3 when I started this project.

But seriously, thanks for the heads up. (You too dimaprok)

One other thing I should mention is I have purposely omitted discontinued powders.

Boolit Master
    No problem at all. I'm really looking forward to looking at all the data you post. That one on the 38 Special was probably the most comprehensive set of data I've ever seen. I can't wait to see what you have on the 357 Mag, and hopefully the 44 Special and Mag.

I hope they make this thread a sticky.

I have some pdfs of old reloading manuals if you haven't already gotten a hold of them. I can email them to you if you'd like.

I have the following.

Lyman Ideal Handbook No. 40 (1955)

Lyman Reloading Manual #44 (1967)

Lyman Reloading Handbook 48th Ed (2002)

Alliant Reloading Manual 2013 and 2014.

I also have a ton of old articles that have reloading data for numerous calibers too.
    Last edited by am44mag; 06-04-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Banned
    Castpics has several old reloading manuals.

there are many links to load manuals and load data http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...online-sources

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast