WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED: RERUN- MP 359-135 FP - 6 or 8 cav Solid

Boolit Master

I have PM'd Miha with my questions about no email. I understand that he has had his own problems with this GB and I'm not pushing, but would like some response even if he has no mold for me. I'm not out any money and have my mold from the first run. A NLG mold would be nice to compare PC boolits with regular lube but it is not the end of the world to just PC the boolits from the mold I have.
    John
    W.TN

Banned

Go to the website and order one. lakehouse can give you the code to enter. You don't need a email to order one. I had to as the link he gave me locks up my computer or would not let me enter the code.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Guys,

I can answer part of your questions, Miha is going to have to "Step-UP" and answer the ship cost questions.

1) I posted Miha's price as it was 9 months ago, I haven't gotten any price changes, so Miha has to comment further on this.

Lakehouse2012
    I understand things happen. But this still has not been addressed. If shipping was included then that is the price that must be honored. Look through some of the other group buys and DHL shipping cost is not addressed in any of them either.

This may need to be moved to moderators to discuss the recourse if nothing is said or done. If everyone is fine with the extra charge then whatever. Living on a very limited income I am not OK with the non response
    we are hearing on this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhenry View Post
    Sounds good.
    All thing come to he who waits
    Yes, when I first got email notification I didn't even see it it was buried somewhere and I had to check the forum and search my email and there it was but like people have mentioned the price was higher than quoted so I wasn't sure what to do and I waited couple days and when I checked I noticed there was sale plus discount (it's not 20% it's 10%) and I placed the order and in one work week my mold arrived I was amazed, all the way from Slovenia!

I forgot to wash the mold as I normally do and I didn't preheat either so for next 20 minutes, or maybe it's the lube got in the cavities. I was getting wrinkles, could be also the aluminum plate I added where mold is rested that kept draining heat. I decided to smoke the mold and voila it started casting good bullets, I was just blown away how I would open the mold and bullets would just fall out without shaking or tapping, I was glad I got no lube groove. The little problems I encountered is 1) the handle for cam lever kept coming off which I fixed later with a drilled hole and a set screw 2) the nut that holds the cam lever to the sprue plate kept getting loose which I observed later messed up the edge of that cam lever that rides against sprue plate. I am thinking of taking a punch and making a divot between nut and bolt from becoming undone but I don't necessarily want to make it permanent. I noticed that the bolt actually spins in the nut so it's not wonder it becomes loose. Any idea how to fix this? 3) the cut sprue was getting stuck to the top and flipping upside down and shaking would not drop and required me to pry with forceps I was using to drop it back in the pot, eventually it got better but not completely.

I want to say, I am so impressed with this mold, I am hooked. Thank you Miha! I casted 1300 the first time and only had to stop because wife needed me.

very happy to have received my mold today
    I washed it with solvent and then with water and soap, then I did three heat cycles in my electric oven and in the afternoon I will use it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-03-27 at 14.17.11.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	259219

Vendor Sponsor

Finally I made some Bevel base molds - need to pack them
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MiHec View Post
    Finally I made some Bevel base molds - need to pack them
    That is awesome news!!! I need to get one of these....

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    The boolits just fall out of the mold. Have had less shaving, with the flat base NLG, while loading than other bevel based boolits I have. They are very consistent in weight and size. Extremely accurate and very few fail the Wilson Case gauge.

Boolit Buddy

ordered my BB mold last night and it is on they way cant wait to try it out!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master

Cast my first NLG boolits yesterday. Only took about 2 throws to get good boolits. This mold is hard to get the sharp base that I am used to with a plain base mold. Is that normal with NLG molds? Will that matter with PC?

The pictures that Dvdmacdaddy posted look like mine except I can't really tell about the bases. I''m used to very sharp bases on the MP clone of H&G 68 that I cast just before these.

I've not powder coated yet either. Plan to try it out next week after I get enough .45 ACP cast up for a good supply.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

I've got to back up. In the above post, I mentioned that I was not getting good sharp bases with this mold. I took a good look at the mold this afternoon and the ID is etched on the top, partially obscured by the sprue plate. The ID is .358-135 with BB etched below the size and weight. The BB is what is partially obscured.

I've never owned a bevel base mold so I didn't know what it would look like. I guess the mold is casting exactly like it is supposed to. I didn't order a bevel base but I'm not complaining either.

I just looked back and found that this mold was delivered on 3/26. Miha posted in post #206(3/31) that he finally machined some bevel base. Is that bevel base different that what I received? Was my mold an experimental mold? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Last edited by alamogunr; 04-04-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    That picture you posted is not a bevel base. The bevel would be obvious.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master

I didn't post a picture(I wish I knew how). I referred to the pictures posted by Dvdmacdaddy in post #208. I don't know what to call this mold. I can detect a slight "turn in" at the base in the mold, just enough to catch a finger nail. I've only seen pictures of bevel base boolits. Those pictures showed a well defined bevel on the base. I bought this mold for the sole purpose of powder coating. I don't think that the base configuration will make much difference. I'm going to be loading for my grandsons 9mm handguns.

I still think that my boolits look like Dvdmacdaddy's. They do no have a real sharp base like the ones I cast today in the
    MP 452-200 mold. That is my go-to boolit for .45 ACP.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy

I received my NLG BB mold in a short amount of time under a week after I ordered it on the website with the coupon codes. I did order the .359-135 and upon receiving my mold I noticed it is stamped .358-135. Anyone else have this issue and did anyone cast any yet and measure what they are dropping at? I size all my 9mm and .38 to .358 so I'm hoping that these do not drop to small with the lead I am using. And its hard to not just start casting with this new shiny mold.
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Buddy

Got mine today

I finally figured out how to do the computer work...not really good at this stuff. Order form listed .357,358 or .359. I selected .357 which if I don't like I can powder coat. Really a nicely finished mold. Will cast a batch and give an update. afish4570

I received my new mold today after a very long wait......yes stuff takes a long time to get here to darkest Africa!
    The mold is, as all my other molds from Mihec, a work of art and I normally look at it in total awe for a day or two, just because it is just so beautiful.
    It is my first NLG mold, so will start casting in a few days and get some powder on those beauties!

Boolit Buddy

mp 359-135 Load info......happy with mold and yield

Quote Originally Posted by afish4570 View Post
    I finally figured out how to do the computer work...not really good at this stuff. Order form listed .357,358 or .359. I selected .357 which if I don't like I can powder coat. Really a nicely finished mold. Will cast a batch and give an update. afish4570
    Cast a batch 0f 2400 (600/hr.). Just lubed and sized to 358 and lubed with LARS 2700. I have jug 0f Green Dot I would like to use. Anyone using this powder? For IDPA in to get 975 fps. for power factor. Also what overall length are you loading?afish4570
    Last edited by afish4570; 05-09-2020 at 06:31 PM. Reason: took out typo

Boolit Master

I've got both the lube groove mold and the NLG mold of this boolit. Looking for load information. I plan to load a bunch for the grandsons so loads will be mid-range at most. I'm going to use the NLG to get into PC and for now the lube groove boolits will be tumble lubed.

I've got several powders that I hope I can use: Bullseye, Red Dot(& Promo) & Unique come to mind first. I wouldn't be averse to obtaining another powder if it was a much better choice.

Hope I'm not interfering with afish4570's inquiry.
    John
    W.TN

I also have both NLG and LG now, but unfortunately I do not use the powders that you guys get over in the states, so cannot give you load information, but I do load mine to a COAL of 1.112 inch.

Boolit Master

Thank you, hermans. The main reason I'm trying to get load information is that, loading for my grandsons is that they are both students, the older is in chiropractic school and the younger is still has one year of college left, if this virus thing is ever over with. Neither get to shoot much but I want them to have ammo available when they do. I also want to have confidence in its safety

I can use the standard manuals, of which I have several, but will have to extrapolate since no one specifies a 135 grain bullet. Everyone who has the mold seems to love it but no one suggests a load.
    John
    W.TN

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast