RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: Hatsan Model 95 Vortex Rifle?

Hatsan Model 95 Vortex Rifle?

Tomorrow I plan on ordering one of these rifle combos that include a 3X9 power scope. It's the .22 caliber gas piston version and the QE (Quiet Energy) feature which is supposed to cut the sound down appr. 50%. Feedback says these scopes aren't all that good and don't have parralax adjustments but I will go with it until I figure it's time to upgrade. Does anyone have preference to Pyramyd Air or Air Gun Depot as the better place to by air guns? Does one have better customer support than the other? There are rifles listed on Ebay for a little less. If anyone owns one of these rifles, maybe you could shorten my learning curve as to the better pellets to buy. The main use of the rifle will be for keeping garden and backyard pests at bay as well as just plinking. I don't plan on casting pellets. Thanks in advance for tour input.

Banned

I've dealt with PA many times. No complaints. As far as pellets go. I have good results with the Gamo Match in my Benjamin Titan. Scopes in the combo's are usually junk.

Boolit Buddy
    I have dealt with both Pyramyd Air or Air Gun Depot. For me I prefer AGD. Always got good service and quick shipping. They are just down the road so to speak.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Once this original scopes takes a dump, what do you guys recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

55$ I have a pair of them, on the 95 vortex and my Hatsan 135 qe vortex. Both have been solid.

Very much love both rifles. Both will shoot more accurate than I can hold. Love the turkish walnut. It just plain rocks.

Boolit Master
    I've had Hatsans and found them to be good, solid rifles for the price. But I'd cross-check that claim of 50 % noise reduction if it is important to you. These claims in my experience are the most-fudged in the airgun industry after velocity ...

My Hatsan 135 has the QE, it is quieter than my 95 which does not, both vortex. So IMO they do make a difference.

I have had a Hatsan 95 QE for several years. Purchased from Pyramid Air with a discount coupon. No problems or issues with the rifle. My experience with the included 3x9 scope, not so good. I gave it away within a week. Currently, the outfit wears a Leupold 3.5x10 and shoots great. The scope was higher priced than the rifle. As far as pellets, I have tried a bunch, but my favorite is the Winchester 7418, .177 from Amazon.

I started off with the combo scope and I thought it went bad. I ordered a 3X9 Bug Buster and put around 750 shots through it and it slid in the rings a couple of times as well as the screws holding the rings to the dovetail became loose. It's a heavier scope than the combo scope so that dosen't help keeping it in place. Well the vertical "hair" came loose from the intersection and shifted a good amount to the right. I got a prepaid label from Leapers and tracking shows it arrived there yesterday.

I got a sample pack of JSB pellets but I think I'll settle on H & N Field Target Trophy. They seems to shoot the best with Crosman Premier hollow points (Walmart) a close second.

I really like the rifle but the finish on it is extremely delicate. Even just the slightest touch against anything hard leaves a mark.

Skeet06 if you don't mind my asking, where in western Pa. are you? I'm in Franklin.

Part time in Butler, Cowansville, and Marienville. Agree with the Crosman Premier pellets working well. Wanted to mention, I use a one piece scope mount from Leapers. Solid and very reasonably priced.

I went with the Leaper Accushot rings with a set screw in the bottom of one ring. Just yesterday I turned the set screw into one of the holes in the receiver and that should solve the problem of the scope rings sliding. I also glued the scope into the rings like I do with scopes on my heavy kicking handguns.