Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hog with cast

Boolit Master

Hog with cast

FINALLY, got a hog with a sixgun! The shot was about 40yds with a MiHa 45 colt Ruger only penta boolit backed by some H110.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "In GOD We Trust"

Awesome job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC 77, USRA 79

Very very cool!!!! Back story.. backstory!!!!

Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Banned
    A dead hog is a good hog. Nicely done!
    That one was already nursing piglets, looks like.

Banned
    So, do you eat it now?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    So, do you eat it now?
    I did not take this one out of the field. I generally dont mess with the hogs after shot. They carry some really bad stuff that nearly killed a friend of the family years ago. It took a long time for doctors to get the correct diagnosis and the drugs that saved his life screwed him up for the rest of his life. He is now disabled. He cant work or even drive a car.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Banned
    I can't say I blame you. I wouldn't try to eat it either. Pork doesn't cost that much in the supermarket.

Well done, sir.

Boolit Buddy
    Agreed. They are filthy creatures. I’ve seen them eating stuff that would gag a buzzard.

Nice Bisley.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned

We don't have hogs here, but one day, I'll take a deer or two with my Black Hawk in .45 Colt. My favorite handgun cartridge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty SRH View Post
    I did not take this one out of the field. I generally dont mess with the hogs after shot. They carry some really bad stuff that nearly killed a friend of the family years ago. It took a long time for doctors to get the correct diagnosis and the drugs that saved his life screwed him up for the rest of his life. He is now disabled. He cant work or even drive a car.
    Brucellosis is a common culprit. It’s not limited to feral hogs, though, so to be safe should we leave all elk, bison, moose, caribou, deer and bears in the woods and fields where they were dispatched?
    https://www.cdc.gov/brucellosis/exposure/hunters.html

Banned

None of the ones you listed are nuisance animals and are a lot less likely to carry diseases than feral hogs.

Banned

Hog with cast

There’s an argument to be made about cut-and-drop culling of destructive nuisance animals, to be sure. Not to mention fur trappers/pelt hunters, like coyotes.
    The link above is to the CDC regarding brucellosis in game animals.
    We eat what we hunt here, I thought that’s what we’re supposed to do? Are hunters going soft in this country?

Boolit Buddy
    There’s a reason feral hogs aren’t considered game animals in Texas. I’ve trapped and killed hundreds of feral hogs as agricultural pests in our orchard. I have no more compunction about killing them than I would about killing a rat or a cockroach. Young hogs weighing under 75 lbs and that aren't infested with lice are offered to friends for use but the big nasty ones get picked up with the tractor and dumped in the brush at the back of the ranch.

It's hard to eat ten pigs a week I don't care how big you are. We're not going soft, we're at war with the hogs. I've eaten several but I generally leave the carcasses to nature's clean up crew- especially in the hot weather. Not Game Animals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Banned

Hog with cast

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    It's hard to eat ten pigs a week I don't care how big you are. We're not going soft, we're at war with the hogs. I've eaten several but I generally leave the carcasses to nature's clean up crew- especially in the hot weather. Not Game Animals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    No offense meant, I just wasn’t raised to waste anything.
    The Florida FWC put a bounty on the large constrictors in the Everglades wreaking havoc on the native habitat...maybe they ought to do the same for feral hogs throughout the state. They’re considered game animals here. All the public WMA’s I’ve been in is torn up in large areas from those pigs...they’ve gone nocturnal, because no night hunting is allowed. They lay up during the day deeeeep in the cypress hammocks. A long drag back to the truck and I’m not as young as I used to be
    —Griff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dangitgriff View Post
    No offense meant, I just wasn’t raised to waste anything.
    The Florida FWC put a bounty on the large constrictors in the Everglades wreaking havoc on the native habitat...maybe they ought to do the same for feral hogs throughout the state. They’re considered game animals here. All the public WMA’s I’ve been in is torn up in large areas from those pigs...they’ve gone nocturnal, because no night hunting is allowed. They lay up during the day deeeeep in the cypress hammocks. A long drag back to the truck and I’m not as young as I used to be
    —Griff
    You have a point there. I read Texans and other southerners whining about hogs all the time "they're ruining everything and out of control! What'll we do?"

If anybody says they'd like to hunt them, though the answer is "That'll be $500 a day per hunter and only two hogs, any more than that are extra$$$".

Do you want them gone or not?

Banned

Back to the original topic, do you have a picture of that bullet? Did you happen to recover it? Don't need the load, but I'd be interested in what the muzzle velocity was.

Boolit Master
    I dont have a recovered bullet. I think it exited. Muzzle velocity last time I checked was 1150fps.
    Last edited by Lefty SRH; 06-05-2019 at 10:50 PM.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast