Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illinois: House Passes FOID Fee Increase & Mandatory Fingerprinting SB1966

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    In Wednesday's House session, SB1966. , Kathleen Willis' infringing "Fix The FOID" bill, passed on a floor vote and went back to the Senate for concurrence on the three amendments.

There was a Senate Judiciary Hearing yesterday but the bill was not called, the amendments were "held in committee".

Today there was a Senate Judiciary Hearing without SB1966 being considered.

The bill will remain held in this committee, and the spring legislative session will end at Midnight without passage of this bill in the Illinois Senate.

Thank you for your efforts during this legislative session, your support was vital in halting this dangerous legislation.

Your ISRA Lobbying Team was there fighting for you, and you did your part supporting the Second Amendment Rights of you and your fellow Illinois Gun Owners.

If you are receiving this alert and are not an ISRA member, please join and help support the fight to keep your 2nd Amendment Rights.

Richard A. Pearson
    ISRA Executive Director
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    I am not blaming the NRA at all - I am blaming "the people" in IL who now get what they voted for.

I am concerned though, that even in the NRA's regular newsletters, magazines etc., there is not a single word about it, and their focus does not seem to be where it should be or at least, where I would like it to be. I would expect the NRA to go berserk over it and they seem to just sit it out, just like the bumpfire stock ban. In my world, that is supporting zero common sense, 100% anti-gun regulations that the NRA should prevent, or at a minimum attempt to prevent. That is where the NRA fails.
    You do understand that if you live in a state with the majority of your population in one center that is liberal, this may happen to you! As a general rule downstate voters do not vote this way, sure the university students, service unions and teachers do as well. We just can't overcome 1 county in the state.

Dumping on IL voters like we are idiots is not the answer. Moving is, making Chicago a state is. But, I am not sure even if all of rural IL voted 100% that we could over come the pockets of libtards.

Boolit Master

We dodged the boolit this time but, I guarantee, this will be revived in the fall VETO session. Only positive thing is that, constitutionally, it takes a 2/3 majority to pass anything during the VETO session. Now, before everyone cheers, applauds, and kicks back with a cold one, keep in mind that the Dems hold a 40-19 (67+%) edge in the Senate. Also, don't forget those two or three RINOs up around Chicago whom we know can't be counted upon if Cullerton shakes out a little extra funding for 'social programs' in their district.

So, keep plugging away: get out and work for regaining some of those House seats we lost in the last election; keep hammering the doors of your districts' sitting legislators...be they Republican or otherwise; join the ISRA (Illinois State Rifle Association)...the NRA hasn't done anything here since the Heller case with nuthin' new on the horizon; and, lastly, link up with and support anyone 'going our way'...Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, VFW, American Legion, even DNR.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

It continues the ISHA doesn't trust the state.
    You just can't make this garbage up.

ISRA Informational Alert - Special Session of Illinois General Assembly called for this weekend

There has been a Special Session called for this weekend. The purpose of the special session Is to try to compete the financial work of the General Assembly. At this time the special session only involves the Illinois House of Representatives. No gun bills will be called. Any bill passed in a special session requires a super majority vote, which is 60 %.

Your ISRA Lobbying Team will be vigilant during the special session.

If you are receiving this alert and are not an ISRA member, please join and help support the fight to keep your 2nd Amendment Rights.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Any word further on this concerning this bill being voted on by the Illinois Senate....I have seen nothing on our local Chicago news about this....

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    ISRA Action Alert - SB1966 sitting in Senate Judiciary Committee

In yesterday's House session, SB1966*. passed and went back to the Senate for concurrence on the three amendments.

There was a Senate Judiciary Hearing today but the bill was not called.

This action is requested of you:
    Call the Springfield office of your state senator, and ask that they oppose SB1966. You will likely be leaving a message, if the machine is full, try again, please.

If you need to verify who your Illinois State Representative is, please use this lookup at the Illinois State Board of Elections.
    If you remember who your representative is, but don't know the phone number to call, you can use the above lookup tool or quickly find your legislator on the ILGA website. Representatives here, Senators here.

This final week of scheduled session, we must have maximum effort from everyone.

Your ISRA Lobbying Team will be there fighting for You.

Richard A. Pearson
    ISRA Executive Director

*Here's a refresher, reminding us why this is a bad bill, it's not just the price of the FOID card or required fingerprinting.

The bill SB1966 would:
    Criminalize private transfers, with violations being punished as a Class 4 felony.
    Require the recipient of a firearm gifted by a family member to call into Illinois State Police within 60 days to run a background check on themselves, even though they must already hold a FOID.

Mandate FOID applicants submit fingerprints, including for renewals, which would not add anything of investigative value.

Increase new FOID processing time from one calendar month to thirty business days, which can span more than six weeks.

Reduce the duration of the FOID from ten years to five while also increasing the application fee from $10 to $20, resulting in a significant increase in the cost to maintain a FOID for the same amount of time.

Require FOID applicants pay all costs for fingerprinting and processing the background check, totaling around $150 on top of the application fee.

Prohibit those with a revoked FOID from transferring firearms to someone in the same household, which would create confusion in determining the owner of the firearms and would take away the right to self-defense from individuals due to the alleged actions of someone else in their household.

Require the owner of the seized firearms to petition the court to have them transferred to a third party.

Cap the fee of the required FFL transfer at $10, and no FFL will perform such a task for $10.

Cap the fee of the required fingerprints at $30, there are no vendors who will do this.

As all firearms transfers would have to go through an FFL, existing Illinois Medical Marijuana patients would be unable to purchase a firearm, nor would they be able to have the FFL return a firearm to them in the event of a failed transfer to someone else. This is due to the questions on the ATF 4473 form.

While ISRA has no position on the recreational marijuana issue currently before the Illinois Legislature, any future legal recreational users would also be unable to purchase firearms.

Check out ISRA's website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think!

I would just have to be a criminal if I lived there. I wouldn’t be alone. I hope the Constitutional Carry law wave comes to Texas. Because I don’t believe the State should be able to dictate my right to carry unless I’m a convicted felon. I’m not alone in this thinking.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Any word further on this concerning this bill being voted on by the Illinois Senate....I have seen nothing on our local Chicago news about this....
    Senate has not yet voted to reopen for a 'special session' BUT about a half-hour ago, Kathleen Willis (FOID Bill Sponsor) was interviewed by local TV and said that she needed "only one more vote" to get it to the floor where she believes it will pass by the necessary 60%.

Guess the man was right when he said "It ain't over 'til it's over."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by SSGOldfart View Post
    you might try Texas
    if texas is not carefull they may end up like colorado, never thought I would see this state in the sorry condition the dem's have put us in.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    When over in the pit, tazman explained to me how the voting districts are gerrymandered to make sure they all get a slice of that big Chicago liberal population of voters to water down the votes of the people who actually life there. I saw the light on Illinois! Boys, y'all need to fight to purify your districts, and this gun debate will go away! Voting districts in all states should be on a county by county basis, because the folks who live there are often defeated at the ballot box by voters who don't have a dog in the fight!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    When over in the pit, tazman explained to me how the voting districts are gerrymandered to make sure they all get a slice of that big Chicago liberal population of voters to water down the votes of the people who actually life there. I saw the light on Illinois! Boys, y'all need to fight to purify your districts, and this gun debate will go away! Voting districts in all states should be on a county by county basis, because the folks who live there are often defeated at the ballot box by voters who don't have a dog in the fight!
    Here you go. Take head it can happen in your state. We need to have voter IDs. one more time We need to have voter IDs.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned
    Thundarstick - "......Voting districts in all states should be on a county by county basis......"

Voting districts cannot be defined by county borders because the districts must have equal populations (or as close to equal as they can be made). So voting districts in densely populated areas are geographically small, while voting districts in rural areas must be geographically larger in order to contain the same amount of people.
    Attempts to draw districts with disproportionate populations will not stand a constitutional challenge for equal representation.

The founding fathers did not want densely populated areas dictating the office of the President, which is one of the reasons (not the sole reason) for the electoral college system for the election of the President.

However, for legislative seats on the state level, the districts are drawn by the party in control (usually tied to a census every 10 years) and those districts must contain roughly the same number of people. Note that it is the population that dictates the geographical size of the district NOT the number of voters in that district. Districts are determined by the number of residents not the number of residents that vote.

Cast Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    It's very hard to beat the Dems in this State. CHICAGO IS THE PROBLEM.
    Downstate is not the issue
    I live in a sanctuary firearms county for whatever good that will do.

All states will or may have issues in the future.

What State is safe or safest to move into?

NO ONE IS SAFE IN ANY STATES. WE MUST DEMAND VOTER ID. IT IS A MUST
    Alaska. Try to move in the summer.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Moderator Emeritus

I like my WV. Constitutional carry. I moved from NJ where we had the Firearm ID cards with our fingerprints on them. If you moved you had to reapply with new address within NJ. They changed before I moved a few years ago to have a five year expiration ( at least in my town) and required a new mental health check. They will use any means possible to make it as hard as possible to exercise your rights and to also be able to track you down to confiscate. Good luck.

Boolit Master
    What kind of country is this...the 2nd Amendment states very clearly....NO INFRINGEMENT. These legislatures swear to uphold the Constitution/BoR... the have broken their oath and defied it.....the attorney generals in their states should prosecute them for violating both the Constitution/BoR and the fact they violated their oath.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I like my WV. Constitutional carry. I moved from NJ where we had the Firearm ID cards with our fingerprints on them. If you moved you had to reapply with new address within NJ. They changed before I moved a few years ago to have a five year expiration ( at least in my town) and required a new mental health check. They will use any means possible to make it as hard as possible to exercise your rights and to also be able to track you down to confiscate. Good luck.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I find it a bit ironic that the first thing some do is blame the NRA. I do realize that people in one part of a state can have positions forced on them they do not support seen it first hand in Virginia. But its not the NRA's fault. Illinois will never be split into two states unless democrats can figure out how to split it so they can control both. Yes the NRA asks for money the law suits are funded by donations. I just can't understand gun owners attacking a organization that is fighting for there rights. If the NRA were to go away i doubt people would still have guns in most of this country in 20 years. And yes they claim that every assault on our rights is a big deal because it is. You only keep your guns by a single vote on the supreme court. It doesn't matter what the 2nd amendment says its what 5 justice's say it says. For all who complain about the NRA if not them then who. They claim that for every call a politician gets represents about 1000 voters. The simple truth it that the liberals are just plane better than us at it. I hear friends complain about this or that and i ask have you contacted your representatives the answer is almost always No. I know that some will never listen to our side but are the ones that might mind readers? If they get 1000 liberal calls and 100 from our side who do you think they are likely to listen to. I can't give what i would like to to the NRA but i give what i can

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    What kind of country is this...the 2nd Amendment states very clearly....NO INFRINGEMENT. These legislatures swear to uphold the Constitution/BoR... the have broken their oath and defied it.....the attorney generals in their states should prosecute them for violating both the Constitution/BoR and the fact they violated their oath.
    Atty Generals are usually "bought & paid for" politicians. At least here in this state they are. Not sure about Illinois or other states right now.

We ended up with that Mohammedan Ellison, who used to be a congressman & is a supporter of ANTIFA, the violence promoting Communists, posing as Anarchists.

Look:

When ya get that sort of "walking, talking, blob of human excrement" voted into office by idiots, you are likely not going to get any satisfaction from them about the other "walking, talking, blobs of human excrement" that broke their oaths. Maybe in other states the State AttyGen. is appointed, but so far we are stuck with this disloyal Anti American douche bag.

I wish ya'll in Ill. the best, & we can relate as we have our own dimwits in the state legislature trying to do much of the same thing here. It is a constant fight...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Yup, JB...ours is pretty much like yours; a long-time 'social activist attorney' who was appointed to fill Barack Obama's Illinois Senate seat when he ran for the U.S. Senate. AG Kwame Raoul squatted there for 15 years before running for Attorney General to replace the retiring Dem AG who just happened to be the daughter of the Speaker of the Illinois House...one of the most crooked politicians in the country. Near as I've been able to document, he only won the ballot in 4 (maybe, 5?) of out 102 counties but those were enough to give him a majority.

Bill

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

FYI

Talk to the ISRA today. I ask them what is the NRA going to do about all this

Nothing the NRA only works on Federal legislation. ISRA said they need more members.
    Last edited by DCP; 06-06-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12